Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

100 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

Default Macbooks worth it?

Hi SORRY! if this is WAYYY off topic.. i know this isnt a "mac" forum or whatsoever, but im here to ask you guys that if MacBooks are worth it? Well im planning to buy a MacBook -

2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
    250GB 5400-rpm hard drive
    NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor
    Memory and Storage
    2GB memory
    250GB 5400-rpm hard drive
    13.3-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display
    1280 by 800 pixels
    Up to 7 hours (wireless web browsing)
    Built-in lithium-polymer 60 watt-hour
    Other Features:
    Polycarbonate unibody
    MagSafe power port
    Mini DisplayPort
    Two USB 2.0 ports
    iSight camera
    Multi-Touch trackpad
    Full-size keyboard
    8x SuperDrive

So is it worth buying this Mac Book ^^?
    ALSO tell me should i get a 3-year apple warranty with the laptop?

THANKS !
    iPhone Intermediate

386 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,053 Global Posts

I just bought the MacBook Pro 13" and I absolutety love it! I purchased Parallels, a program to run Windows, and it's the best of both worlds. It's the most solid machine I have ever owned. I did purchase the 3-year Apple warranty, although you never know if you nee it.
    iPhone Elite

2,432 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

Hey, there is actually an "off-topic" forum for things like this.

Anyway, MacBook is worth it if you need portability but are not willing to pay the $200 extra for the pro. I'd suggest you get the pro but if that extra $200 is really a dealbreaker for you I guess the MacBook is your only option. The thing is, the white MacBook gets dirty and scratched extremely easily, in fact a friend of mine bought it and it got scratched within an hour of using it for the first time, just sitting on a table. I wouldn't pay $1000 for that.
    iPhone Intermediate

315 Posts
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts

My Dad (turns 75 this year) bought his first little white MacBook and really loves it. He's never owned an Apple and so far he's enjoying it and having a far easier time using it than he ever did with a Windows machine. I've had my MBP now for almost 3 years and have loved it -- also love the support I get from Apple. It's nice that if I have a problem, I can go right down to my Apple store and get service.