Leaving iPhone

Kainz15

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
Well, I am switching. I'm fed up with AT&T service in my are. I'm not leaving iPhone, I'm leaving AT&T and getting the Droid Incredible - I got a 1 year contract hoping that by then Verizon will have the iPhone and I can come back home then!

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
iPhone all the way, but the Evo is a nice phone. We have been field testing one here for a couple of weeks in Houston, but I don't handle that aspect of it. I just played with it to see if our site works on it, which still doesn't on Android.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
iPhone all the way, but the Evo is a nice phone. We have been field testing one here for a couple of weeks in Houston, but I don't handle that aspect of it. I just played with it to see if our site works on it, which still doesn't on Android.

People fail to realize that Android's browser actually doesn't render as well as Mobile Safari. It's very noticeable and really annoying.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
People fail to realize that Android's browser actually doesn't render as well as Mobile Safari. It's very noticeable and really annoying.

Well it's not a rendering issue, it's unable to prompt for domain, id and password to logon. It just tries to logon using whatever default credentials it has. Odd.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Well it's not a rendering issue, it's unable to prompt for domain, id and password to logon. It just tries to logon using whatever default credentials it has. Odd.

I'm talking about rendering issues. I don't really know what you mean by that.

I'm saying that if you load up a full web page on Android and on iPhone, more recent Android phones will load a tiny bit faster, but the rendering is off and the pages don't look how they were supposed to. Not to mention when you double-tap to zoom it reformats the text, which is really annoying if you continue to scroll down.

damule6666

Banned
Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
I own both a 16 GiG iphone 3Gs, and a Moto Droid..
Went to brand (V) and the Droid "because my AT&T service is horrid"

The Fruit fone is JB'n and the Droid is Rooted and OC'd...

And their is not ONE thing the iphone does better or faster...NOTHING...

My Droid Crushes it....And i LOVED my iphone. But hard facts are hard facts "as they apply to me"....

So now i wait till Nov when my AT&T contract is up...

Again just my 0.02 based on personal experiences..

Last edited:

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
My foray into smartphones follows this pedigree -- Palm (Treo), WM (Palm and HTC), iPhone (with a dash of Android for a while)... I've had a short attention span with smartphones, moving from one OS to another with the attention span of a brain-damaged gnat. My take? I've been with an iPhone now since it launched in 2007 and I've been happy as a clam since. I experimented with Android briefly, but found it somewhat clunky. I just love my iPhone and have no reason to change.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I have used droid phones and I have to say I'm not a fan. I just don't like the way they run. They aren't horrible phones and are WAY better than anything RIM will EVER put out but in no way, shape, or form are they better than the iPhone.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I have used droid phones and I have to say I'm not a fan. I just don't like the way they run. They aren't horrible phones and are WAY better than anything RIM will EVER put out but in no way, shape, or form are they better than the iPhone.

I agree 100% with your statement.

I felt the exact same way when test driving several Android phones. To most people, and me, first impressions are very important. My first impression of Android, clunky.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
lungho
yep, that about sums it up. I got really sick of how horribly inconsistent the user experience is. For example, they have some el cheapo implementation of kinetic scrolling in the browser, but it's not there in your contacts. Also in the contacts screen there's this giant, hideous grey tab for scrolling down. Augh. And multitouch in the browser, for some reason not a single android phone can touch iPhone on this...

It's basically a cheap version of iPhone OS.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
lungho
yep, that about sums it up. I got really sick of how horribly inconsistent the user experience is. For example, they have some el cheapo implementation of kinetic scrolling in the browser, but it's not there in your contacts. Also in the contacts screen there's this giant, hideous grey tab for scrolling down. Augh. And multitouch in the browser, for some reason not a single android phone can touch iPhone on this...

It's basically a cheap version of iPhone OS.

hence the sweet BOGO deals! Notice apple doesnt have to do this to sell millions upon millions of units!

damule6666

Banned
Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
No apple dont have to

Comrade Jobs

knows they could charge twice what they do and you Fruit Fone folks would STILL continue to buy his inferior product by the millions....LOL

Baa Baa...I used to be a sheeple too...;) All it took was an intervention from a good friend to get me off of Comrade Jobs apple flavored Kool Aid...:eek:

But this is exactly why we have multiple choices in the phone world.

And i still have many ifriends as well....

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Comrade Jobs

knows they could charge twice what they do and you Fruit Fone folks would STILL continue to buy his inferior product by the millions....LOL

Baa Baa...I used to be a sheeple too...;) All it took was an intervention from a good friend to get me off of Comrade Jobs apple flavored Kool Aid...:eek:

But this is exactly why we have multiple choices in the phone world.

And i still have many ifriends as well....

Hey, don't forget, there are multiple flavours of koolaid... You seem to be drinking one yourself.

damule6666

Banned
Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm

Hey, don't forget, there are multiple flavours of koolaid... You seem to be drinking one yourself.

Maybe...but i at least tried the other flavors ;)...Mmmmm green = Android..:D

And i seriously don't have an issue with apple or the fruit fone...I just found what works best for me..

And my experiences with both and how i made my choice based on what worked best for me..

And i am glad we have the ability to make all the choices in phones we do..

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Maybe...but i at least tried the other flavors ;)...Mmmmm green = Android..:D

And i seriously don't have an issue with apple or the fruit fone...I just found what works best for me..

And my experiences with both and how i made my choice based on what worked best for me..

And i am glad we have the ability to make all the choices in phones we do..
I tried the green koolaid... it was inconsistent and tasted cheap. Not a good experience compared to the apple juice!

Also what do you mean by "the fruit phone", I can't see why "fruit" would be a negative thing, fruits are delicious and good for you!

damule6666

Banned
Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
Lol

I tried the green koolaid... it was inconsistent and tasted cheap. Not a good experience compared to the apple juice!

Also what do you mean by "the fruit phone", I can't see why "fruit" would be a negative thing, fruits are delicious and good for you!

Just my funny way of say Apple is all...As an Apple is a fruit...:D

I called my iphone my fruit fone from the day i purchased it...Just my nick name for it is all.... So i don't mean it in a negative way at all..

And i must concur on most fruits being yummy and healthy...Except for KiWi..Doooont care for em...:eek: