Flash For The Iphone Is Here !!!!

francolasalsa#IM

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
This is not a joke and really opens up the chances to skyfire being approved !! Just found a cloud based browser in the app store call cloud browse AND it supports FLASH games and videos ! How is this not on the front page of tipb.com ? Video is a bit choppy but I'm sure things will get better with updates .

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Just checked it out- this is freaking amazing. I can't even believe it. The video isn't exactly smooth but the sound makes up for it. Very nice. Looking forward to updates though, I'd love to help them develop a better UI...

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
This was posted by a user on CB yesterday. I think it's kinda cool, but the GUI is really clunky and it seems to run really slow. I guess this is cool for people that just have to play Farmville on their iPhone. LOL As for HULU they just need to go HTML 5 and then all will be fine. Or better yet do an iPhone app like what You Tube has.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
The point is though that it's this or nothing. I am
actually finding it so unbelievable that I can actually start up cloud browse and actually view videos on perez, test mouseover effects, view YouTube annotations... It's a big deal for me. I'm really looking forward to them perfecting this experience.

chops1sc

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I just went to addictinggames.com to see if I could play games and it worked! A little slow, but definitely better than no flash at all on Safari!

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Wow, super crappy UI .. Needs lot's of work, but actually viewing a flash video on my iPhone well I can now say that I have done it. Not huge need for me, but was cool to play with .. Thanks for sharing!

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I've noticed video speed has gotten slightly better. The interface hasn't been updated yet but it will probably happen soon. This is a great project, even hulu works I think (can't tell cause I'm in Canada).

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
it definately needs some work but it does work. i just played a flash game on addictinggames.com. now i remember why i'm not a big flash fan...the games are weak compared to apps!

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
BrianT, that's definitely true. They are made for precise mouse interaction, not fingertip interaction. It really doesn't work well on phones, and they look horrible compared to iPhone games anyway!

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
(sorry for double post, possible to add an edit button for mobile version?)

I don't use this for the games however. I use it only for flash video which it actually does pretty well. Even though the interface is bad the browser loads pages incredibly fast and for my use it's a better experience than opera (except for scrolling).

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I just watched a video on Gizmodo of Flash running on Froyo and that's exactly why Steve Jobs doesnt allow it. Go watch it and see how slow and painful it is. The scrolling is sooo slow and it takes longer to load. No thanks Flash.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Yes but there is an on-demand option so that it doesn't slow down the browser and you can choose to load a flash element or not to load it. Works much better but was not demonstrated in that video. It's still not a seamless experience though so I can see why Apple doesn't want flash on the iPhone. However Steve saying the iPhone can watch video for 10 hrs, is complete BULL CRAP. I watched a video file on my iPhone, it had 20% battery left, 50% vol, 10% brightness, and it lasted for one hour. By Steve's hypothesis, it should've lasted two hours.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Yes but there is an on-demand option so that it doesn't slow down the browser and you can choose to load a flash element or not to load it. Works much better but was not demonstrated in that video. It's still not a seamless experience though so I can see why Apple doesn't want flash on the iPhone. However Steve saying the iPhone can watch video for 10 hrs, is complete BULL CRAP. I watched a video file on my iPhone, it had 20% battery left, 50% vol, 10% brightness, and it lasted for one hour. By Steve's hypothesis, it should've lasted two hours.

I agree with you. The iPhone will last 10 hours if you don't use it much. If you text,use media, talk, or play apps forget about it. I'm sure the new iPhone will have a killer battery though.

p.s. Screw Flash it blows!!!! :)

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I agree with you. The iPhone will last 10 hours if you don't use it much. If you text,use media, talk, or play apps forget about it. I'm sure the new iPhone will have a killer battery though.

p.s. Screw Flash it blows!!!! :)

Oh I know, I think the 3GS has great battery life, the problem is that we can't put it down!

But I was referring to how Steve said you can get 10 hours of video playback on the iPhone via h.264, but only 5 if it were in flash. And he's totally wrong. It probably would be less if viewing via flash, but it's certainly NOT 10 hours in h.264.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Oh I know, I think the 3GS has great battery life, the problem is that we can't put it down!

But I was referring to how Steve said you can get 10 hours of video playback on the iPhone via h.264, but only 5 if it were in flash. And he's totally wrong. It probably would be less if viewing via flash, but it's certainly NOT 10 hours in h.264.

Not sure about the 3GS as I'm still rockin' the SWEET 3G! haha I love the 3G but am ready for a nice upgrade here in a month or so. I can see the batery lasting longer with H.264 than Flash easily and hopefully the 10hrs is what the new phone will do!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77