screen is dead

Luckyi

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
So I just dropped my iphone. :mad: The screen won't come on, I can't hear it ring, and I can't connect it to itunes because I can't type my password on my phone for obvious reasons. To top it off, I don't have a back up anymore because it was on my sisters computer which now has a new OS. I'm sol huh?

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Luckyi? Looks like you need a new screenname.:p

But seriously, if your phone is still under warranty, take it to an Apple store for replacement.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Luckyi? Looks like you need a new screenname.:p

But seriously, if your phone is still under warranty, take it to an Apple store for replacement.

They don't cover drops.

To the OP, if you DO take it to Apple, insist that you didn't drop it. Whether they believe you or not is what will decide if you get a replacement :p

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
although, IF you happened to purchase the device at a Best Buy and signed up for their insurance program, then it will cover physical damage

not many people do it and regret it later on

jellotime, you are on the right track. i had a friend who did the same you as you said
the device was dropped with very little physical damage and not working. it was replaced
guess it's worth trying

Last edited:

Luckyi

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
haha ya your right, I need to change my screen name. Lucky I am not....

There is no way they will believe it wasn't dropped so that's out of the question. After I posted this yesterday my screen came on but it was all white and then turned off. I could here it taking a screen shot when I pressed both buttons and some how had it on the dial screen and could here the numbers being pressed. Can that be fixed if I have the screen replaced? I mainly just want to save all the info on it now.
I have an old replacement phone right now and will probably just hold off and wait for the new iPhone. BUT, like I said I want to be able to save all my stuff on there. My numbers were not on my SIM card for some reason.....This is why you need to back up your phones people!!

Anyways, thanks for your help. I'll post the out come if I'm able to get it fixed.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I would take it to the Apple Store .. Just say it doesn't come on .. They will check for water damage and if they don't find any will likely give you a replacement, they are very good about that. I went through several early 3G's just for having light leaks and they were always great about it.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73