Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

3 Posts

Default Any Alternative on how to copy iPhone files without using FTP client?

Hello there! Noob here :o

Been a little bit hesitant on using FTP clients like Filezilla but I really dont know if the copying process adds up to my alloted Bandwith usage,if it does , are there any alternatives out there without having to resort to this? If it doesn't affect my Bandwith then I'm fine with it :o Coz I'm only allowed to use 1 Gigabyte/day...Thanks a lot
    iPhone Newbie

42 Posts

If you don't need to go wireless, you can use this great software: Phone Disk

You just connect ur iphone via cable or dock and Phone Disk will allow u to use your device as an external drive

Hurry because it is free but for a short time!!

Phone Disk - Mount iPad, iTouch, iPhone to Disk Mode in Finder
    iMore Expert

910 Posts
    Global Posts
    920 Global Posts

DiskAid is a popular alternative. Unlike the software mentioned above, DiskAid is PC & Mac compatible. The only downside, it's not free.
    iPhone Newbie

10 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

FTP over the internet does use up bandwidth. If you were to turn off 3g and use Wifi you won't have to worry about using your phone's bandwidth.