Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

17 Posts

Default Wifi not working

Cannot connect to wifi, 32g 3gs J/b and unlocked, turn on in boss pref.AND in settings still cannot find my home wifi or any for that matter
    iPhone Nanite

2 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

well now apple has resolve the wifi problem in ipad.
    iPhone Elite

2,432 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

1Social Media, he is obviously talking about an iPhone... Nothing to do with iPad in this thread.
    iMore Pro

643 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,427 Global Posts

The one thing I've heard (with mixed results) was to reset your network settings. In the Settings app, General, Reset, Reset Network Settings. This will erase any saved networks (you'll need the WEP/WPA keys and/or settings to re-add), but hopefully that's all you'll lose. I think there was another thing to try with an app in Cydia, but hopefully someone more knowledgeable about that will chime in soon.
    iPhone Pro

528 Posts
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts

Not sure about this but it seems that I have heard of people having to do something in terms of a work around to get the wi-fi working with a JB. To the OP check out the JB forums and you may find the answer that you are looking for.
    iMore Expert

885 Posts
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts

I am JB and I have never had an issue with WiFi. I did have to do a reset like mentioned above to get my 3G Data flowing. I had full 3G signal and my phone wouldnt load anything online. So I reset the network settings and all was well again. Give that a shot and see if it works.