Loading iPhone while Mac's asleep

Falk

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I realized that while my iMac is asleep the iPhone stops loading. I suppose any other device stops too. I read that Mac OS cuts the power off the USB ports when in sleep mode.

Is there a way to keep loading a device while the Mac is in sleep mode? A tool .. or setting I missed ..

Thanks
Falk

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Nope. That would defeat the purpose of sleep mode. It's asleep and not supposed to be working. If I'm wrong, correct me.

zacharace

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Actually, I know from experience that MacBooks, at least, keep supplying power even while in sleep mode. A friend who accompanies me on trips from time to time has an aluminum 13" MB and plugs his iPhone in to charge overnight--all while the MB is asleep.

A fluke, perhaps?

Falk

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I know what the sleep mode is. But I thought there is a possibility to load an iPhone while the machine itself is not in use. I suppose the only way is to switch of that mode.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Actually, I know from experience that MacBooks, at least, keep supplying power even while in sleep mode. A friend who accompanies me on trips from time to time has an aluminum 13" MB and plugs his iPhone in to charge overnight--all while the MB is asleep.

A fluke, perhaps?

It's not a fluke, it's like this because the MacBook sleeps a lot more often than the iMac because it needs to conserve battery power.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
And if you happen to be out of town in a hotel and rely on your notebook to charge your phone, set the power settings accordingly (if it's an option on a Mac) and don't close the lid all the way. It's never a good day when you have to get by on 20% battery power. :eek:

killthelights32

Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
On the MacBooks USB devices get power when the MacBook is asleep only if the MacBook is plugged in. If the MacBook is not plugged in any USB devices connected to the MacBook will not get a charge if the MacBook is asleep.

SilvesterHoward

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Buy Cheapest Augmentin Here
Augmentin blood thinner Augmentin xr vaginal infection Augmentin no script community bonnaroo com/augmentin] allimax vs augmentin
community bonnaroo com/augmentin] allimax vs augmentin
Augmentin resistance
augmentin ning com/] augmentin xr
Description of Stress When stress from work and recreation Augmentin as treatment for chlamydia

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW