Opinions On Gizmodo/Apple "Scandal"

Is Apple Getting Negative Attention For This?

• Yes they look are starting to look bad.

Votes: 32 55.2%
  • No they are the victims they should pursue Gizmodo.

Votes: 26 44.8%

• Total voters

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
You guys are hilarious this is not like it's some kid on the playground who found someone's cellphone, this is business and these guys get paid hundreds even thousands more than you and I. So why feel sorry for anyone? I knew the whole story was bogus from the first time I read it because of all the holes in the story. I beleive it will be easy to prove that Gizmodo knew it was stolen just from the story they produced to make it seem like all the bases were covered. I've found phones before and the first thing I do is look through the phonebook for either Mom, Dad, Brother, Sister, Me, etc. that kind of name so I can call and leave a message where they can pick up the phone. The person who found it already knew his name so it shouldn't have been that hard to look the name up to find a number or when calling Apple ask for him by name why would you call tech support or whatever? The person who found it had the Facebook page open how easy was it to just leave a message with a number where he could be reached on the facebook page. I'm glad Gizmodo got it because now I'm salivating about it but nothing excuses stealing. Also about reality I've walked up to an ABM machine with the card still in it at the point where it asks if you want to do another transaction so all I had to do is hit Yes but I hit No and took it to the receptionist of the bank. There are decent people and there are dishonest people there is nothing crazy about someone putting an effort into getting something back to its righful owner I'm sure lots of people have done it before.

just wanted to throw it out there and say it was not difficult to read your post. putting a break in to start a new paragraph doesnt change the way i read a post on the internet, especially when its really not that long. i agree with your points and thanks for the input.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Why do you always type such ridiculously long posts with no breaks or spaces... It makes reading them seem very harrowing and discouraging... Just letting you know.

Do you grasp the point of a forum?? the point is for people to give their opinions and knowledge. The point is for people to write what they think or feel to share whether others agree with it or not, it gives another point of view. If someone is about to write and they have to worry, did I write too long of a response? then you will kill the point and enthusiasm with limits. If you don't like my point of view, my length you see my username don't f'in read it. This is not english class and you're not the prof. Jeez

Thank you have a nice day :D

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You didn't write too long a post. Some people just have a hard time reading coherent thoughts put into paragraph form. Coincidentally, these are usually the same people who abbreviate three letter words like "you" as "u." Go figure.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
Maybe Apple should delay the new iPhone for 6 months, redesign the casing, and blame it on Gizmodo. If their name isn't "mudd" already, it would be ;)

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Maybe Apple should delay the new iPhone for 6 months, redesign the casing, and blame it on Gizmodo. If their name isn't "mudd" already, it would be ;)

Too late. They need to replace the revenue from the current generation phones that are no longer selling, even at reduced prices.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You didn't write too long a post. Some people just have a hard time reading coherent thoughts put into paragraph form. Coincidentally, these are usually the same people who abbreviate three letter words like "you" as "u." Go figure.

Thanks Alli and all the other peeps who have no problems with my posts, I've been on enough forums that peoples comments, opinions, etc on my responses dont' bother me it's the faceless nature of the internet. I was just upset because it's a forum and the whole point is to have freedom to express your thoughs and opinions without worrying about if the response is too long.

Annnnyways back to the thread topic I definately wouldn't want Apple to redesign the phone I love it from what I saw, and I definately don't want to wait any longer. I'm glad now that I held off on getting the 3Gs because this will be a better upgrade. How do you guys feel about the removable battery? is it a non event or are you like wheew finally?

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Alli and all the other peeps who have no problems with my posts, I've been on enough forums that peoples comments, opinions, etc on my responses dont' bother me it's the faceless nature of the internet. I was just upset because it's a forum and the whole point is to have freedom to express your thoughs and opinions without worrying about if the response is too long.

Just add....one problem that has crept up here recently is that there is/are certain person/people that are by nature very opinionated about every single thing and, in their twisted mind, their opinion is the only opinion that matters because they think they're always right. And if you dare say anything different, they get their panties knotted all up in a wad. These are the kinds of people who ruin great forums like this and run off newbies. It also stifles forum growth. Sorry just had to get that off my chest.

Annnnyways back to the thread topic I definately wouldn't want Apple to redesign the phone I love it from what I saw, and I definately don't want to wait any longer. I'm glad now that I held off on getting the 3Gs because this will be a better upgrade. How do you guys feel about the removable battery? is it a non event or are you like wheew finally?

I guess I'm kinda indifferent about the removable battery.

On one side of the coin, I would like a removable battery because my near-two-year-old 3G will not hold a complete charge anymore. I would like to have the option of replacing it or swapping it out on a heavy usage day.

On the other side of the coin, I know the non-removable battery is very intentional and by design. Apple knows the average life of a Li-Ion battery is 2 years. They want to continuously keep people in the upgrade cycle. But since technology is moving so fast these days, I don't mind upgrading every couple of years.

Even if my 3G did have a removable battery, I couldn't see myself carrying this phone into 2011. It seems like each side of this debate has it's pros and cons.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
You guys are hilarious this is not like it's some kid on the playground who found someone's cellphone, this is business and these guys get paid hundreds even thousands more than you and I. So why feel sorry for anyone? I knew the whole story was bogus from the first time I read it because of all the holes in the story. I beleive it will be easy to prove that Gizmodo knew it was stolen just from the story they produced to make it seem like all the bases were covered. I've found phones before and the first thing I do is look through the phonebook for either Mom, Dad, Brother, Sister, Me, etc. that kind of name so I can call and leave a message where they can pick up the phone. The person who found it already knew his name so it shouldn't have been that hard to look the name up to find a number or when calling Apple ask for him by name why would you call tech support or whatever? The person who found it had the Facebook page open how easy was it to just leave a message with a number where he could be reached on the facebook page. I'm glad Gizmodo got it because now I'm salivating about it but nothing excuses stealing. Also about reality I've walked up to an ABM machine with the card still in it at the point where it asks if you want to do another transaction so all I had to do is hit Yes but I hit No and took it to the receptionist of the bank. There are decent people and there are dishonest people there is nothing crazy about someone putting an effort into getting something back to its righful owner I'm sure lots of people have done it before.
I find this post rude on several levels. The most obvious one is that it has no paragraphs. Paragraphs are a courtesy to the reader.

Not a "peep." Not Alli (who thinks that I have an attitude).:)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I don't think you have an attitude. I just think you are filled with negativity.

I also teach. I grade papers for a living. I'll be happy to take up your perceived errors in Ipheuria's post in private so as to not bore the tar out of everyone else. But I will remind everyone that a good paragraph should have at least 5 sentences. Don't confuse sound bites with what's right.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Just add....one problem that has crept up here recently is that there is/are certain person/people that are by nature very opinionated about every single thing and, in their twisted mind, their opinion is the only opinion that matters because they think they're always right. And if you dare say anything different, they get their panties knotted all up in a wad. These are the kinds of people who ruin great forums like this and run off newbies. It also stifles forum growth. Sorry just had to get that off my chest.

I guess I'm kinda indifferent about the removable battery.

On one side of the coin, I would like a removable battery because my near-two-year-old 3G will not hold a complete charge anymore. I would like to have the option of replacing it or swapping it out on a heavy usage day.

On the other side of the coin, I know the non-removable battery is very intentional and by design. Apple knows the average life of a Li-Ion battery is 2 years. They want to continuously keep people in the upgrade cycle. But since technology is moving so fast these days, I don't mind upgrading every couple of years.

Even if my 3G did have a removable battery, I couldn't see myself carrying this phone into 2011. It seems like each side of this debate has it's pros and cons.

You know what I never even thought of the constant upgrade path by having a non-removable battery. My 1st gen iPhone and 3G still hold the charge so I guess the non-removable battery just became a non issue for me after awhile. I know when I got the 1st gen I was like :confused: what the hell there's no battery compartment??? it was a shock just because I was used to being able to take the battery out if the phone was truly hung.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I know when I got the 1st gen I was like :confused: what the hell there's no battery compartment??? it was a shock just because I was used to being able to take the battery out if the phone was truly hung.

I remember having the same concerns. But then I remembered this LG I used to have. The removable battery used to jar loose all the time when the phone was in my pocket. I was constantly missing calls. My LG woes reminded me how solid the iPhone is built.

I do still wish there was a way to quickly swap batteries. Oh well. Maybe next year Apple will add a solar panel to the iPhone.:cool:

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
As for the no battery, i think it allows for a more solid device. Besides, in my experience with Treos/Centros, it was a major pain to even think of taking the cover off. Even the Palm Pre. My wife never does, she has touchstones all over the place. In practice, i'd say the vast majority never switch batteries even if they could.

A removable battery also presents new problems. I've had to put tape in past Treos just to keep things tight, not squeak to death, or other battery problems. None of these problems are present in the nonremovable battery iphones. Be careful what you wish for..

Oh and as for the paragraphs and grammar correctors. I will never point it out or try to correct anyone. That's not my job. But i find i don't really respond or give much credibility to those who can't communicate or take the smallest bit of interest in spelling/grammar.

Ipheuria's post was fine for me. On forums, what you see is the only impression people have of you and if you communicate poorly or type in teen speak, you'll be perceived poorly.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I also have the same opinion too I missed the removable battery for like a day and then it became a non issue so I was surprised when they sayd the 4th gen is going to have a battery compartment. So either it's a compromise for those asking for it, or since this was a prototype the final might be a sealed unit like we're used to without the battery being accessible.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I thought it was already determined that the battery is not user removable. I'm also 99% positive that the seams will be closed up for the actual release. The Gizmodo phone was a prototype that belonged to a engineer so it makes perfect sense that his would be designed to give easy access to the inside.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I thought it was already determined that the battery is not user removable.
Yeah, I thought so too.

There is no way Apple would switch gears on this. They keep making more and more products with non-removal batteries, why would they change now?

I'm also 99% positive that the seams will be closed up for the actual release. The Gizmodo phone was a prototype that belonged to a engineer so it makes perfect sense that his would be designed to give easy access to the inside.

Yeah, I'm sure it will look close, but they will clean it up for real production device.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711