Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Is Apple Getting Negative Attention For This?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes they look are starting to look bad.

32 55.17%
  • No they are the victims they should pursue Gizmodo.

26 44.83%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,197 Global Posts

Behshrad, you are, without a doubt, a huge disappointment. Your warped sense of reality is amazing. This has nothing to do with Apple and everything to do with crime. It's disturbing how easily you brush aside the law.
    iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
    Behshrad, you are, without a doubt, a huge disappointment. Your warped sense of reality is amazing. This has nothing to do with Apple and everything to do with crime. It's disturbing how easily you brush aside the law.
    Flash News,,, its not MY warped sense of reality. Its the world we LIVE IN....
    Just the fact that the kid who found it, sold it for $5000 further proves my point.
    Yes if you chose to stick your head in the sand and believe that everyone in this world is law abiding individuals , then thats your choice of living in a fantasy world.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

Shouldn't apple have told anyone and everyone employed by apple including customer service that there was a missing prototype?
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts

I think the law should be enforced and that neither an individual or company should be allowed to profit or benefit by breaking the law just because another individual or company, by accident, let their guard down.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    5,862 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by big9erfan View Post
    Should the police have the right to "raid" someone's house who is suspected of being involved in a theft? Yes. They had evidence that he had the stolen property in his possession. They posted the pictures online! That gave the police all they needed to get a warrant and seize property. Being a journalist does have it's protections, but those are thrown out the window when you are the one that was involved in the crime.
    Journalist? Howard Kurtz - Media Notes: Howard Kurtz on Nick Denton, Founder of Gawker - washingtonpost.com

"We don't seek to do good," says Denton, wearing a purplish shirt, jeans and a beard that resembles a three-day growth. "We may inadvertently do good. We may inadvertently commit journalism. That is not the institutional intention."
    That's a company whose owner is obsessed with page hits. He rewards writers strictly on that basis.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,341 Global Posts

You guys are hilarious this is not like it's some kid on the playground who found someone's cellphone, this is business and these guys get paid hundreds even thousands more than you and I. So why feel sorry for anyone? I knew the whole story was bogus from the first time I read it because of all the holes in the story. I beleive it will be easy to prove that Gizmodo knew it was stolen just from the story they produced to make it seem like all the bases were covered. I've found phones before and the first thing I do is look through the phonebook for either Mom, Dad, Brother, Sister, Me, etc. that kind of name so I can call and leave a message where they can pick up the phone. The person who found it already knew his name so it shouldn't have been that hard to look the name up to find a number or when calling Apple ask for him by name why would you call tech support or whatever? The person who found it had the Facebook page open how easy was it to just leave a message with a number where he could be reached on the facebook page. I'm glad Gizmodo got it because now I'm salivating about it but nothing excuses stealing. Also about reality I've walked up to an ABM machine with the card still in it at the point where it asks if you want to do another transaction so all I had to do is hit Yes but I hit No and took it to the receptionist of the bank. There are decent people and there are dishonest people there is nothing crazy about someone putting an effort into getting something back to its righful owner I'm sure lots of people have done it before.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,455 Global Posts

I use the term "journalist" very loosely in this case, but according to CA law, they are covered by protections granted to journalists.
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ipheuria View Post
    You guys are hilarious this is not like it's some kid on the playground who found someone's cellphone, this is business and these guys get paid hundreds even thousands more than you and I. So why feel sorry for anyone? I knew the whole story was bogus from the first time I read it because of all the holes in the story. I beleive it will be easy to prove that Gizmodo knew it was stolen just from the story they produced to make it seem like all the bases were covered. I've found phones before and the first thing I do is look through the phonebook for either Mom, Dad, Brother, Sister, Me, etc. that kind of name so I can call and leave a message where they can pick up the phone. The person who found it already knew his name so it shouldn't have been that hard to look the name up to find a number or when calling Apple ask for him by name why would you call tech support or whatever? The person who found it had the Facebook page open how easy was it to just leave a message with a number where he could be reached on the facebook page. I'm glad Gizmodo got it because now I'm salivating about it but nothing excuses stealing. Also about reality I've walked up to an ABM machine with the card still in it at the point where it asks if you want to do another transaction so all I had to do is hit Yes but I hit No and took it to the receptionist of the bank. There are decent people and there are dishonest people there is nothing crazy about someone putting an effort into getting something back to its righful owner I'm sure lots of people have done it before.
    Why do you always type such ridiculously long posts with no breaks or spaces... It makes reading them seem very harrowing and discouraging... Just letting you know.
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #34  
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    891 Global Posts

Of course he does. All they wanted was a huge story and they got it. And now they are getting even more press because of all this going on. I do agree it was wrong of them to pay for something they knew was "stolen". If anything they could have posted they have it and it is an amazing product and we should all look forward to it and then give it back to Apple. I know Apple isnt the ones pursuing this and my main point of this post was to see if you guys thought this would make Apple look bad in the eyes of the public who dont read blogs or forums and know what is really going on.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    920 Global Posts

Some people are just naturally b1tchy. If you got something meaningful to say and can put it down on one big paragraph without wasting words, then it's not much of a strain for me to read it.

I, for one, appreciate your perspective. Some people simply don't get the concept of right and wrong anymore.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,197 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by big9erfan View Post
    I use the term "journalist" very loosely in this case, but according to CA law, they are covered by protections granted to journalists.
    Journalists are not allowed to break the law in pursuit of news, and are not allowed to hide behind immunity to avoid prosecution when they have committed criminal acts.

In other words, the argument of journalistic immunity has been incorrectly applied in defense of Gizmodo.
    Last edited by ifonline; 04-27-2010 at 07:29 PM.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,197 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Behshad View Post
    Yes if you chose to stick your head in the sand and believe that everyone in this world is law abiding individuals , then thats your choice of living in a fantasy world.
    Behshad, you are a miracle. You continue to defend the actions of Gizmodo while telling the rest of us that we live in a fantasy world. Wow. Believe me, I'm not so naive to think that crime doesn't occur for two reasons: (1) I used to depend on idiots who break the law to sustain my job, and (2) you continue to prove that there are people who can justify crime as "no big deal," thereby offering support to reason #1.

Since you apparently believe that Apple should just let this go because someone "found" the device and that is, therefore, no big deal, I assume you won't mind if someone "finds" your car?
    Last edited by ifonline; 04-27-2010 at 07:32 PM.
    iMore Pro

Behshad, you are a miracle. You continue to defend the actions of Gizmodo while telling the rest of us that we live in a fantasy world. Wow. Believe me, I'm not so naive to think that crime doesn't occur for two reasons: (1) I used to depend on idiots who break the law to sustain my job, and (2) you continue to prove that there are people who can justify crime as "no big deal," thereby offering support to reason #1.
    You dont get my point.
    Im not defending anybody. Im trying to explain to you that its NOT that surprising that the person that "found" the phone, decided to make a few bux off of it.
    AND its not surprising that people at Gizzy paid up the price to be the first with hands on.

Let the laws deal with the crime and give out the deserved punishment. Who are we do decide who's guilty or not, when we dont have all the details.
    Speculating things and having opinions is all we are entitled to. At the end of the day, if there was an actual crime commited, Im sure those responsible will pay up.
    iMore Pro

Since you apparently believe that Apple should just let this go because someone "found" the device and that is, therefore, no big deal, I assume you won't mind if someone "finds" your car?
    If my drunk *** forgets the car outside the bar with keys in it, then my dumbass will have to pay the price for stupidity, regardless of the thiefs obvious crime and motives.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Behshad View Post
    Let the laws deal with the crime and give out the deserved punishment. Who are we do decide who's guilty or not, when we dont have all the details.
    Speculating things and having opinions is all we are entitled to. At the end of the day, if there was an actual crime commited, Im sure those responsible will pay up.
    That's what is happening, or were you under the impression it was private Apple security who got a subpoena and entered the home?
  16. Thread AuthorThread Author   #41  
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    891 Global Posts

just wanted to throw it out there and say it was not difficult to read your post. putting a break in to start a new paragraph doesnt change the way i read a post on the internet, especially when its really not that long. i agree with your points and thanks for the input.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,341 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jellotime91 View Post
    Why do you always type such ridiculously long posts with no breaks or spaces... It makes reading them seem very harrowing and discouraging... Just letting you know.
    Do you grasp the point of a forum?? the point is for people to give their opinions and knowledge. The point is for people to write what they think or feel to share whether others agree with it or not, it gives another point of view. If someone is about to write and they have to worry, did I write too long of a response? then you will kill the point and enthusiasm with limits. If you don't like my point of view, my length you see my username don't f'in read it. This is not english class and you're not the prof. Jeez

Thank you have a nice day
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts

You didn't write too long a post. Some people just have a hard time reading coherent thoughts put into paragraph form. Coincidentally, these are usually the same people who abbreviate three letter words like "you" as "u." Go figure.
    SOV
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

I personally think they ruined the Keynote for myself. Jason Chen should burn in jail.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    4,442 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SOV View Post
    I personally think they ruined the Keynote for myself. Jason Chen should burn in jail.
    How about just rot in jail? In any case, I agree that he is a spoil sport.
    Last edited by whmurray; 04-28-2010 at 01:28 PM.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts

Maybe Apple should delay the new iPhone for 6 months, redesign the casing, and blame it on Gizmodo. If their name isn't "mudd" already, it would be
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    4,442 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iBri View Post
    Maybe Apple should delay the new iPhone for 6 months, redesign the casing, and blame it on Gizmodo. If their name isn't "mudd" already, it would be
    Too late. They need to replace the revenue from the current generation phones that are no longer selling, even at reduced prices.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    Too late. They need to replace the revenue from the current generation phones that are no longer selling, even at reduced prices.
    Good point. Well, as far as I'm concerned, my upgrade date is in between iPhone releases anyway, so I'll likely wait until iPhone G5.
  24. Thread AuthorThread Author   #49  
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    891 Global Posts

haha thats funny but it would suck having to wait even longer!
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    4,442 Global Posts

Good point. Well, as far as I'm concerned, my upgrade date is in between iPhone releases anyway, so I'll likely wait until iPhone G5.
    I pay with Apple dollars so I buy on Apple's schedule, not AT&Ts.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast