Can i share my iPhone SIM with a BlackBerry?

iNick

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Heres the deal, i have a 3G right now, the screen is cracked, and im very excited about upgrading to the new iPhone(HD) when it is inevitably released this summer (We all know its going to happen)..anywhoo, in order to afford the new iPhone (ill be paying full retail since im only a year deep in my contract) ill be selling my 3G. Im sure that craigslist and ebay will be flooded with old iPhones so ill be selling mine earlier to try and squeeze a few extra bucks out of it. So, to hold me over for a month or 2 ill need a replacement phone. Im considering using a BlackBerry so i can still have email and web browsing. My question is can i simply switch my SIM into a BB and have no issues? or do i have to alter my plan in some way? any help is appreciated..

Thanks!
-Nick

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Actually, I think you'll have to alter the data plan to a BlackBerry plan in order to use email and normal browsing. I think you have to have BIS access for those.

iNick

May 18, 2009
Visit site
me too, i can't wait..my 3G is boring me haha, i need some excitement! my new MBP only held me over for a few weeks..

iNick

May 18, 2009
Visit site
i know, im dreading the thought of using a phone with no 3G or WiFi and **** browser.....not looking forward to it lol. but i have to sell my iPhone before i can afford the new one...hopefully they have some sort of a price break for ppl who renew only a year into their deals like they did with the 3Gs...

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
i know, im dreading the thought of using a phone with no 3G or WiFi and **** browser.....not looking forward to it lol. but i have to sell my iPhone before i can afford the new one...hopefully they have some sort of a price break for ppl who renew only a year into their deals like they did with the 3Gs...

honestly man, it will be worth the time you spent without the iPhone. I'd say try to sell that thing ASAP for as much as you can. Because not many people want to buy a 3G let alone a 3G with a scratched screen.

iNick

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Yeah i was thinking that too. i found a BB Curve 8310 on craigslist for $50...like i said, no 3G no WiFi and a junky browser...idk if i can go 3 months with no iPhone!hahaha...i put it up on craigslist a few weeks ago to see what i could get...people were offering me $250 and $300 for it...i decided not to sell it yet though. Idk what to do...i feel like i could wait another month ad be safe...

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Yeah i was thinking that too. i found a BB Curve 8310 on craigslist for $50...like i said, no 3G no WiFi and a junky browser...idk if i can go 3 months with no iPhone!hahaha...i put it up on craigslist a few weeks ago to see what i could get...people were offering me $250 and $300 for it...i decided not to sell it yet though. Idk what to do...i feel like i could wait another month ad be safe...

I dono... It's only 2 months till the next's iPhone's release. If someone offered you $300 I would jump on that right away.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73