Program data after factory restore

jose_pr

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I would like to factory restore my device instead of restoring from a backup. It is a 3GS running 3.1.3. I am not worried about PIM data since I use an Exchange but I am worry about the apps. Would I be able to have itunes install the apps again on the phone without a problem? What about the data on the apps, does itunes keep a copy of this data somewhere else besides the iphone backup file?

Thanks in advance,

Jose

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If your apps are synced in itunes then yes once you sync it will put the apps back onto your phone. As far as I know you will not get back the info in the apps however.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
If your apps are synced in itunes then yes once you sync it will put the apps back onto your phone. As far as I know you will not get back the info in the apps however.

App data is contained within the apps in iTunes, without a doubt. What you need to make sure of is that the apps have synced back to your computer from your iPhone, so that it is the latest version of the app. Usually this happens after you do an on-device app update automatically, not sure exactly how you can manually do it. I'd say delete the apps off of your computer, then have "Transfer Purchases" from your iPhone. That will bring the on-device version of the apps along with their AppData over to iTunes.

Hope I helped!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
No, there is no way to do a "selective" backup on the iPhone. Nor is there a way to do a selective restore. One more thing I miss about Palm.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2