Calendar Invitations and Iphone 4.0

combatdoc

Dec 13, 2008
www.ffpblog.com
The one really annoying calendar/email issue that has bugged me since day one.

I can't send/view/accept/reject invitations on the iphone! One would think this would be obvious since people live by the iphone calendars, but the ONLY place you can do this is on your PC (iCal/Outlook). You can't even do this on MobileMe.

There is no real reason this can't be done as Google calendar supports it, and the Android phones do it.

I hope this is one of those un-annouced or unfound changes in iPhone 4.0 and we will see it in the final release.

gottspd

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
You must have a 3G? I have a 3GS and calendar invitations work great (it was one of the reasons why I switched from Palm Pre to the iPhone).

ifarlow

Mar 1, 2010
www.ianfarlow.com
I hope this is one of those un-annouced or unfound changes in iPhone 4.0 and we will see it in the final release.

It wasn't formally announced at the event, but it was noted on one of the slides. So it appears it's coming. Thankfully.

You must have a 3G? I have a 3GS and calendar invitations work great (it was one of the reasons why I switched from Palm Pre to the iPhone).

Really? So someone sets up an event in iCal (or some other CalDAV calendar) and includes you as an attendee, an e-mail is dispatched to you, you get the e-mail on your iPhone, and the event is added to your iCal from your iPhone? You can accept, decline, or defer the event from your iPhone?

I don't think so.

combatdoc

Dec 13, 2008
www.ffpblog.com
Yea, you get the attachment in your iphone email "event.ics" and you click it and it adds to iCal on the phone? Mine just does nothing. I have to wait till i get back to my mac to add it. Can't even do it with MobileMe (which is just plain wrong for a paid service).

scarlettpumpkin

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I have this issue as well. I use Google Sync for my calendar and email with gmail. My fianc? will send me an invite and I will get an email with a .ics file attachment. I can't open it or see the details of the invite. Is there anything I can do about this? The invite does go on my calendar, but I would like to be able to accept, decline and at the very least see the details of my invite. Anyone have a solution? If it works for you - how did you get it to work?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73