iAds Too Much

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Does Apple create the ad? Or do they just sort of introduce the whole iAd solution? If they do the ad, then I can understand.. What is the industry standard for? Doing the ad? Or merely creating the canvas on which to create the ad?
My understanding is that the advertiser creates the content, the developer provides the "button" for the user to ask for it, and Apple serves it up. Apple and the developer split Google's role.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
That's right. I think apple is charging a bit too much for this "experience"...
The issue of "too much" is for the advertiser. It is a about the cost of the ad. Neither the user or the advertiser care how Apple and the developer split the revenue. I do not care how much Google charges to serve an ad. Obviously the advertisers are happy or Google would not be so profitable.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
So, are Apple going to ban ad's from other sources??
Like the ones that are in Apps already??
I can see no reason why they would. While, as Steve said, iPhone users may access the www via apps more than they do browsers, browsers are not dead, even on iPhones. Google will still be serving up a lot of ads for iPhone users. None Apple ads in apps will be small compared to that.

deepak832

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Hello Friends,

I am implementing iAds in my Application, i am getting Test Ads on Simulator but not getting any ads on iPhone. Can any one please help me in this.

Thanks in Advance

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Hello Friends,

I am implementing iAds in my Application, i am getting Test Ads on Simulator but not getting any ads on iPhone. Can any one please help me in this.

Thanks in Advance

This may be better suited for the developer forum on here. Any issues that can't be answered there should be directed towards Apple.

I also don't mind the iAds. I haven't seen one yet though.

hestyman

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I won't mind iAds. The only place I've seen one thus far is in the free Burning Tires app. Oddly enough, the actual ad doesn't load, just the 'frame' that contains the ad and says "iAd" in the bottom right corner.

spades1412

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I welcome iAds as long as developers use it to create premium apps that become free. I'd much rather see apps developed both ways instead of the paid and lite versions a lot of developers create. I'd love to see a bunch of premium full version apps that are supported by iAds but free to the user.

OrionAntares

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
The issue of "too much" is for the advertiser. It is a about the cost of the ad. Neither the user or the advertiser care how Apple and the developer split the revenue. I do not care how much Google charges to serve an ad. Obviously the advertisers are happy or Google would not be so profitable.

I personally do care. In the case of Google they give a lot of services away to the user that is paid for by the ad sales they handle. In the case of Apple, they often times gouge people with their product prices (when compared to other similar companies) which means the amount they would be skimming from those iAd revenues would be of particular interest especially if their product prices DON'T decrease as a result of that increased revenue.

S

stphnman20

I find iAds rather annoying.. It's more like a pop up for me.. Wonder if there is a way to disable it...

Druce

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Big Complaint

I just discovered a real HUGE annoyance with iAds. iAds either don't or aren't required to respect the volume and mute controls. I had my mute switch engaged, and for safe measure had the volume turned all the way down during a particularly boring meeting, when I decided to check out an Ad.

To my horror, music and voices echoed out in the meeting while I scrambled to shut it down. Turning the screen off doesn't fix it, apparently they support background operation. Only after hitting the home button five or six times like a madman did the Ad stop, and only after getting the attention of everbody in the room. :(

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Alternate promotion options

We've tried traditional web ads, requesting app reviews from notable sites, and just about every mobile ad network we've come across. My suggestion is to explore all free options first. Make sure to contact every app reviewer you can find and give them a promo code for your app if you have em available. Then explore social network sites. Then start looking at affordable advertising solutions that won't cause you to spend your life savings to even TRY a campaign.

We at Fossil Software have recently initiated a very affordable app promotion opportunity. We've created the "AppZilla Showcase". This Showcase is a page within our AppZilla apps where we feature 12 apps at a time. When a user taps on any of the apps, they get to see the store description, screenshots, ratings average, view a YouTube video for the app (optional), and a link to buy/download the app from iTunes. What makes this such a good opportunity for developers? Our AppZilla user base is over 2 million users strong. We have been frequently ranked in the top Utilities category, as well as top 50 and often top 25 paid apps over all. This means that developers participating in the AppZilla Showcase can take advantage of the months of exposure we have earned. It's sort of like cutting in line! The most difficult issue for developers is getting your app SEEN. You may have an awesome app, but if Apple doesn't grace you with a featured spot, you may not get enough initial traction to rise in the ranks. Quickly your app slides into the abyss of apps that users will never know about. With the AppZilla Showcase, you have another opportunity to be seen by millions. We bring the audience, you bring the app!

So how affordable is it? Currently our lowest campaign starts at $100. That buys you 4 days in the showcase. (Prices subject to change). If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please visit our website, (fossilsoftware.com), and click on the "Showcase" page. There you will find details of how it all works, everything the showcase comes with, and you can check availability and book campaigns 24 hours a day on our calendar.

I hope this helps! We've seen some exciting results for developers currently participating in the AppZilla Showcase.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner