Notifications...

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
How do you use PUSH notifications for things like Twitter, Facebook, SMS etc? Do you have them popping up on your iPhone screen, or do you check the respective apps as and when needed?

Just curious...

Last edited:

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Push notifications pop up on your screen. Push notifications is app specific and you can often tweak how each app handles this function in Settings - Notifications.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
The big pop-up in the middle of the screen is kind of obtrusive, especially when I'm doing other things. When the phone is locked and it pops-up it's not too bad. I want something a little less intrusive, that I can go back and look at what I missed, not just the last one.

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I like push notifications, but not necessarily the current implementation. Where you get a popup and you have to hit ok, and if you get several in a row you'll only see the last one.

That's why I use Grip. You can see a video of it here. Of course it is only for JB.

http://www.tipb.com/2009/04/30/quick-app-grip-growl-notification-iphone-jailbreak/

I liked most of what I saw in 4.0 os, but did not see anything regarding the managing of push notifications.

damule6666

Banned
Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
It is a bit intrusive, but i tend to need something like that or i will FOR SURE not notice it...
Yes i am a bit spacey at times...LOL

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73