Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Computer Can't Detect iPhone

Had a 3GS for 8 months. Had no issues until a week ago when I tried to plug my phone into my comp to transfer some pictures. The phone started charging instantly and the comp made the 'new device detected' sort of noise, but the phone wouldn't appear on the computer where it usually would, nor was it detected by iTunes.

I bought a new (official apple one) charging cable to see if this would fix it, and it hasn't.

Very annoying, very puzzling. Any thoughts?
    iPhone Guru

Global Posts
    4,466 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chazw26 View Post
    Had a 3GS for 8 months. Had no issues until a week ago when I tried to plug my phone into my comp to transfer some pictures. The phone started charging instantly and the comp made the 'new device detected' sort of noise, but the phone wouldn't appear on the computer where it usually would, nor was it detected by iTunes.

I bought a new (official apple one) charging cable to see if this would fix it, and it hasn't.

Very annoying, very puzzling. Any thoughts?
    Uninstall in Windows and allow it to be detected as new.
    Thanks for ending the exclusivity, Steve. it is about time.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Nanite

Now realised i've got this issue with every USB device I own, a flash drive, an external hard drive and the iphone.
    iPhone Intermediate

Reinstall you usb drivers
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by BENGRIMM View Post
    Reinstall you usb drivers
    how? brand new pc only had it a month