Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

3 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Default Best EQ settings on the iPod Touch

hiya i'm planning to buy a 3rd-gen iPod touch and was reading thru the features and notes on the device.

may i ask you guys what is by far the best/ideal EQ/equaliser sound settings for the iPod touch for any songs in general? (i mostly got alternative/pop rock and deep/progressive house + trance songs.

i mostly use the "Rock" settings. and can i apply these settings to ALL of my songs before uploading them?

iPhone Nanite

8 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Well you might think im crazy but actually your better off using none!
    See the Equalizer also known as EQ is actually a well known battery waster along with brightness, no back light, etc.
    And by the way the EQ doesn't give a whole lot more of anything to any song in my opinion.
    So like i said to keep your ipod on longer don't be using naw darn stinky EQQQQQ!
    lol hope that helped and no you cant change the eq before uploading!
    iPhone Nanite

4 Posts

I use (Loudness) but that is just me, I would also suggest try them all and it depends on what type of music is generally listened to by you
    iPhone Intermediate

219 Posts
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

With a decent pair of in-ear noise canceling head phones, any EQ is useless..

I went out and bought the Skull Candy Holua series head phones, at a steep $129.99 CDN LINK

The sound quality (to me) actually LOWERS when I use the (iPhone 3GS in my case) built in EQ on any setting other than none. If you want to use cheap less than $50 head phones, use Loudness IMO.
    iPhone Newbie

27 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

I personally like the R&B setting for listening to rock music.
    iMore Elite

2,635 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,958 Global Posts

I don't use any EQ settings ... Battery waste IMO.