Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

33 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Default Will iPhone support dwindle?

With iPad being Steve Jobs new redefining gadget, does anyone suspect that iPhone will be given less support and coverage?

I can understand apple wanting to distance themselves from carriers like At&t after the years of bad press they've gotten about coverage issues, etc. With the possibility of the Verizon iPhone coming out, will we see less "holy crap its a new iPhone <insert life changing release here> and more emphasis on the prepaid cellular services the iPad will include? Or will Apple try to reinvent the iPhone again once its released on Verizon?
    iMore Elite

2,454 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,455 Global Posts

It's the success of the iPhone that even allowed Apple to release something like the iPhone. IF a Verizon iPhone is released I expect it to have damn near identical features to whatever iPhone comes out in June.
    iPhone Intermediate

492 Posts
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts

Verizon are control freaks worse then Apple, I am thinking you wont even see the iPhone going to Verizon since Verizon wont want Apple to maintain and control the App store for themselves... Do you not think that if Apple really wanted to do business with Verizon you would also see the iPad working with Verizon.
    iPhone Pro

528 Posts
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts

If anything the iPad will cause even more support and coverage for the iPhone. Just as the iTouch has caused many people to want an iPhone the iPad will do the same thing IMO.