A+ upgrade = A+ battery life?

For better or for worse?

• Battery life will be significantly worse w/ the hardware upgrades

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I'm not sure why, but I'm really thinking that they may have improved on battery life.

I honestly don't have an issue with the iPhone & battery, but I'd really like to have the brightness up and have it last 12 hours on heavy usage.

Steve/Apple didn't want to do multitasking due to the battery, but for Jobs to have an A+ upgrade, battery had to be on the list.

How many think the battery will be highly improved? Not only better, but significantly better?

POLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i hope they keep it right where it is....

i've spent way too much on:

3 car chargers
2 travel chargers
2 dock chargers
4 USB cables

need to keep putting them to good use

thanks Apple

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Where is the option for I'm not worried about the battery?

I'm not worried, but I still have a thought that it will probably be significantly better. I'm actually good with heavy usage and I'm always around a charging cable.

You can never have too much battery..

Agreed.

i hope they keep it right where it is....

i've spent way too much on:

3 car chargers
2 travel chargers
2 dock chargers
4 USB cables

need to keep putting them to good use

thanks Apple

haha... all mine have been "borrowed permanently" by friends and family... i'm down to one usb cable and two AC chargers (cable not included).

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
If the leaks hold true... looks like my prediction will be very close to true, if not fully.

PhxBlue

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
16% larger battery plus more efficient power usage in their new internals most likely will spell out better battery life, in my opinion.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Yep. Battery life will be significantly better, but people seem to forget battery is significantly better each year!

I admit with my 3G the battery wasn't very satisfactory, but the 3GS has never failed me! I think that's a big difference.

Also I keep saying it but the reason people think iPhones do not have good battery life is because the iPhone is so fun to play with!

Speedv1

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I think we'll have to wait until release as remember this thing will be running a faster processor and more pixels (both generally result in battery loss, it just depends how efficient each are - specifically the processor). Even with this ~16% increase in battery capacity it could be more than 16% more the battery hog lol. Just my 2 cents.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I think we'll have to wait until release as remember this thing will be running a faster processor and more pixels (both generally result in battery loss, it just depends how efficient each are - specifically the processor). Even with this ~16% increase in battery capacity it could be more than 16% more the battery hog lol. Just my 2 cents.

Nah, history repeats itself with Apple!

They increased the battery life with the 3GS while giving it a faster processor, more RAM, new graphics chip, etc.

The new processor wouldn't be put in the iPhone if it wasn't just as efficient if not MORE efficient than the 3GS's processor. Apple just would never sacrefice battery life for unneeded speed (3GS is quite speedy already).

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Battery technology is so far behind anything else electronic. The wishful thinkers who want 16 hours of heavy use on one charge are dreaming. The 3rd rock from the sun only has so many elements that can be used for battery technologies. With more and more features being packed, one of them possibly being a .2" increase in screen real estate, battery life can only stay the same or marginally increase. Until scientists find new elements that can produce a lot of energy for about the same price as current technologies, massive battery life increases are simply not scientifically possible.

That's one reason why electric cars can't drive for hundreds of miles and take a long time to recharge. Battery life sucks.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I think it will be better, but significantly is another story. For me 15-20% longer would be great, but wouldn't consider it significant. I think it would need to be a game changer. It would allow you to use your phone in different ways.

I don't think this will happen until they include a new battery technology into the phone, not just making the battery bigger.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I think it will be better, but significantly is another story. For me 15-20% longer would be great, but wouldn't consider it significant. I think it would need to be a game changer. It would allow you to use your phone in different ways.

I don't think this will happen until they include a new battery technology into the phone, not just making the battery bigger.

Size means a lot when it comes to batteries, and the new battery is 16% larger. That means much MORE than 16% more efficient. Not to mention it's of a higher grade and efficiency regardless of its size. Apple always upgrades to more efficient parts as well (processor, ram, graphics) with each generation as well. I think the battery life will be quite good on the new model.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Size means a lot when it comes to batteries, and the new battery is 16% larger. That means much MORE than 16% more efficient. Not to mention it's of a higher grade and efficiency regardless of its size. Apple always upgrades to more efficient parts as well (processor, ram, graphics) with each generation as well. I think the battery life will be quite good on the new model.

Not sure about your idea of a 16% larger battery gives you more than a 16% boost in battery performance...not saying you're wrong, but would love if you had some boring technical paper for me to read.

It's not true that the parts are always more efficient or use less power. The iPhone 3GS 3G usage time is identical to iPhone 3G. Also, a processor could be more efficient, but more powerful taking the same power as the previous generation.

But we only have to wait like 3 months to find out! :D

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
ofcourse it will have better battery, when has Apple released a upgrade product in the past 5 years and did not boast about bettery battery. Battery life improvments is always one of Apples bullet points in regards to an every upgrade.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods