Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: What do you think is the "A+ Upgrade"

32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hardware

4 12.50%
  • Software

6 18.75%
  • Combination of the two...

22 68.75%
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

39 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Default What do you think is the "A+ Upgrade"??

Since Steve stated the next iPhone will have an A+ Upgrade, many, many people have begun their speculation

I believe it will be a hardware upgrade but it may be software (multitask maybe?)

I'm just hoping for Flash for Camera or a faster CPU/ More RAM

What do you think?
    iMore Expert

779 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,563 Global Posts

You should add a "both" option. I think it's gonna go unibody and a big software upgrade.
    iMore Expert

910 Posts
    Global Posts
    920 Global Posts

Maybe they'll finally add a right mouse button.

I hope the A+ upgrade means a GUI overhaul, but I doubt it. Probably hardware upgrades.

6,816 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

Perhaps "Both" should have been a choice in the poll.

[Added option to poll]
    iMore Elite

2,044 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,036 Global Posts

Definitely both! Apple about to change the game up on them once again. Don't sleep on them... don't sleep!
    App and photo editor

1,456 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,466 Global Posts

Definitely both.
    TiPb Forum Staff

1,839 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,898 Global Posts

Both...although I always have such high hopes for upgrade that Steve's A+ will feel more like a B+ to me...
    iPhone Beginner

70 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,509 Global Posts

If I were select two things then it'd be a better resolution screen (hardware) and a new ability to multitask (software)

It will be both... front facing camera and Multitasking for sure.
    iMore Intermediate

111 Posts

I hope it's something that takes us by surprise like the first iPhone
    iPhone Nanite

8 Posts

as long as the new iPhone G4 is better than the 3GS I will be buying it. My 3G is dying slowly
    iPhone Elite

2,432 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

Multitasking as seen in the OS 4.0 presentation, as for the new hardware and software features yet to be revealed:

Front-facing camera, 960x640 industry-leading screen resolution, built in iChat functionality that is integrated with the OS like BBM complete with video chat over 3G, and maybe to handle the new network load; a Verizon iPhone.

AT&T's exclusivity is over, and to be honest, I don't think they want the exclusivity anymore. It's brought them a lot of subscribers, but now that they have them already, they are getting sick and tired of the complaints. If there's an option to be with Verizon, people will have less right to complain and the condition of the network will improve more quickly. It was definitely in AT&T's best interest to acquire exclusivity to the iPhone, but now it is in their best interest to get rid of it.
    iMore Beginner

73 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

I am guessing both as well. A unibody iPhone would be nice, like the MacBook Pros. Wireless N. A better camera, don't really need the "front-facing" camera. How many of you actually video chat? or would Skype while walking around the mall, etc.?