Original Iphone

bigblue72

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Recently my 3g broke and while waiting for the parts to come for someone to fix it, i want to use my friends old original iphone. I put my att sim card in it and it told me to plug into itunes. TO activate i had to basically go through steps to re-sign my contract but i dont want ot do that. When i went to the apple store the guy told me to try restorign the phone to factory settings and try again but that didnt work. Does anyone know how i can just get this iphone to work with my sim card?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
yeah they told me it would but they also said the cant activate the iphone for me......

As long as you have a valid AT&T account with an iPhone plan just connect the phone to your computer with iTunes running and it should activate it with no issues.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
My daughter recently had her 3GS stolen. The guy at the AT&T store told her she couldn't use her 2G. I told her to go to the AT&T store and get a replacement sim and not tell them what phone she was going to put it in. She got the new sim, went to her car, popped the sim in the 2G, and all is well.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
My daughter recently had her 3GS stolen. The guy at the AT&T store told her she couldn't use her 2G. I told her to go to the AT&T store and get a replacement sim and not tell them what phone she was going to put it in. She got the new sim, went to her car, popped the sim in the 2G, and all is well.

Of course it worked... the things you hear from AT&T employees are pretty mind blowing at times.

bigblue72

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
As long as you have a valid AT&T account with an iPhone plan just connect the phone to your computer with iTunes running and it should activate it with no issues.

When i do that itunes tries to make me set up a new at&t account by selecting all the phone plan options....i dont want ot do that because i think they might consider that as renewing my contract....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen