Looks like I'm going to adopt an iphone

Mr. Chitlin

Jul 24, 2008
Visit site
My son has a 3g that's about 18 months old and is wanting to purchase a 3gs. He's going to give me his 3g. His question is how does he move his paid (and unpaid for that matter) apps from his old phone to his new phone? He has one in particular that he really wants on the new phone. It would be nice if he could move the free apps too so that he doesn't have to redownload and reinstall them. Does it do this through itunes or is there another way?

Thanks for any help.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
He just has to back up his old phone from iTunes and then sync the new one to the back up. It's pretty simple really. Hope that helps and welcome to the iPhone you are going to love it.

Mr. Chitlin

Jul 24, 2008
Visit site
He just has to back up his old phone from iTunes and then sync the new one to the back up. It's pretty simple really. Hope that helps and welcome to the iPhone you are going to love it.

Thanks for the info. I have a BB Bold 9000 that I am gonna sit aside and see what I think about the iphone. By BB contract is up mid-september so if I really like it, Ill either pick up a 3gs (my daughter and wife already have one) or maybe the possibly new iphone that may be released between now and then.

mysterio

May 7, 2009
Visit site
And if you don't want to get your son's apps, you can just restore your 3G unit (to whatever firmware it's currently on. No need to jailbreak.

lauriefoss

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I totally relate to your son. I just bought a new laptop and had to migrate my iTunes syn to the new machine. I wasn't willing to try a sync on the new machine until I was SURE all of my apps would move over seamlessly, and in particular my birding apps which I use every day. I got the migration to work ( not a simple thing) without "birdus interruptus".

Laurie Foss
Austin, TX

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2