Who's getting the new iPhone (2010 Model)??

Are you upgrading to the new iPhone

• Total voters

abunk79

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
I don't know about getting the new one, but I definitely want to get at least a 16GB model. I will wait and see what new features they put out. I really wouldn't want one until they make an Otterbox Defender case for it if they change the design.

missdee

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
i most likely will. i like having whats up to date. at the same time i think ill have to wait a bit to either save up the moeny or until i have an upgrade!

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Wait I'm confused. Are you saying you only expect to get 100-200 per iPhone when you sell your old ones. Do NOT sell them that cheap my friend.

Which one do you have?

Last year when myself and my gf upgraded to the 32GB models of the 3GS, a week before launch we sold our 16GB iPhone 3G models. I got 450$ PER phone off Craigslist. So I got 900$ for the two phones. Then my line was eligible and her's wasn't so 299 + 499 = around 800. I MADE 100$ to upgrade.

We have done that every year and actually ended up pocketing money.

We both have the 32GB models, those are currently going for around 600$ a piece still.

A lot may depend on the area. I listed mine on Ebay, and only got about $250 or so (I don't recall what, exactly). I listed them on Craigslist first, and got nary a nibble.

I will be selling mine (32GB 3GS) and my wifes (8GB 3G) to get two new ones. I am hoping to get about $300 to $400 total for them.

Of course, I will be selling AFTER the launch, most likely, so that drops the price. :)

Chris

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have a upgrade available May 30th so as long as the screen resolution is improved, I'm in. Tired of this crappy resolution it currently has

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
A lot may depend on the area. I listed mine on Ebay, and only got about $250 or so (I don't recall what, exactly). I listed them on Craigslist first, and got nary a nibble.

I will be selling mine (32GB 3GS) and my wifes (8GB 3G) to get two new ones. I am hoping to get about $300 to $400 total for them.

Of course, I will be selling AFTER the launch, most likely, so that drops the price. :)

Chris

Wow, I'd go Ebay then. Or Crackberry, or another BST. That's way too low for a 32GB. You should be getting at least 500$ just for the 32GB one alone.

I'm in the Chicago market, so I can see your point, but the online market will make you more either way. My friend sold his 3G after launch last year (didn't pick up his 3GS til about October), and he still got 300 or so for an 8GB.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Wow, I'd go Ebay then. Or Crackberry, or another BST. That's way too low for a 32GB. You should be getting at least 500$ just for the 32GB one alone.

I'm in the Chicago market, so I can see your point, but the online market will make you more either way. My friend sold his 3G after launch last year (didn't pick up his 3GS til about October), and he still got 300 or so for an 8GB.

Hey, if you want to sell it for me when the time is right, I will gladly give you 25% of the money over $400 or something. :)

Chris

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Hey, if you want to sell it for me when the time is right, I will gladly give you 25% of the money over $400 or something. :)

Chris

haha! i'd feel bad taking your profits, haha - either way - if you are having trouble offing it around there, shoot me an e-mail, if i can find a buyer in this area and want to do it that way, i'd be ok helping you out.

people around chicago are crazy. even a moto backflip goes for 300 or so on CL. ridiculous.

Last edited:

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
Ok cool thanks I'll give it a try. Will getting a new phone restart my upgrade eligibility?

As long as you're within the one year warranty (which you are on a 3GS) it will not push you back for upgrade eligibility. I am on my 3d 3GS-I've had the fine grey cracks on all of my iPhones (returned a 3G for this problem, too) and they do annoy me-everytime I've brought the phones into the Apple store they swapped them without a problem.

Arcanust

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I know the hardware is going to be significant enough to make me want to upgrade, not to mention the better camera, but it will really depend on the design of the new iPhone. I have confidence it will be as sleek and sexy as the 3G and 3GS but only time will tell for sure.

If it is as nice on the eyes as previous models, I will be in the line bright and early to get my hands on one :D

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Honestly, I know the hardware is going to be significant enough to make me want to upgrade, not to mention the better camera, but it will really depend on the design of the new iPhone. I have confidence it will be as sleek and sexy as the 3G and 3GS but only time will tell for sure.

If it is as nice on the eyes as previous models, I will be in the line bright and early to get my hands on one :D

I have a feeling it'll look about the same. If looks are what you're after.

I'd upgrade for an updated screen, memory, processor, and the camera.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I hope they don't change the dimensions like they did jumping from the 2G to the 3G. I'd hate to have to buy new docks and cases. I simply want hardware upgrades.

UTVOL06

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Main upgrade I'm looking forward to is an updated screen. We have had the same screen since the 2G iPhone:mad:. Give us more resolution and richer colors.

I truly believe we will get a faster processor and new graphics chip since Apple really has gained so much over the competition in the gaming arena. Ofcourse with that we really need a better screen and hopefully a little larger 3.7" would be fine with me.

A better camera with flash really is a must..the low light performance is horrible on the 3GS. A good 5MP camera with flash would be excellent as long as the quality is as good as the HTC HD2's.

A front facing iChat camera would be awsome and it looks like its coming since it's shown up in the iPhone OS 4.0 software. Even if we have to use it over Wifi..that would still be pretty cool. Only problem is your friend, significant other, or family member has to have a 4th Gen iPhone. Guess I'll have to get my wife one too eventually.:rolleyes:

Basically all I need is:
1.better bigger screen 3.7" OLED would be great w/ higher res
2.faster processor ala A4 iPad w/better onboard graphics processing
3.Double the 3GS system RAM---> 512mb for better multitasking experience
4.32 and 64GB storage options
5.5MP camera w/ flash
6. front facing iChat camera

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I've heard good things about the 4th gen iPhone however it will not fix the personal reasons I don't use my current iPhone for certain things which is size. This is why my money is waiting to fly out of my wallet for the iPad :D So my plan is either once the 4th gen comes out and the prices of the used 3Gs drop to get a 3Gs and pass my 3G to my fiancee OR if the 4th gen is so spectacular sell my 3G buy a 3Gs and wait until next year to get a 4th gen and pass the 3Gs to my finacee. I can wait because I will have my iPad so there is not that rabid hunger.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I agree, it's become a tradition. Besides, my daughter is using the 2G so I can give her my 3GS to upgrade her too. Sounds like a win/win to me.

Blues003

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Just give me a better processor, camera flash, front-facing camera, and above all, A BIGGER BATTERY.

Seriously. A battery that held on for 2 or 3 days would be WIN on this level of smartphones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen