A little mad at apple

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Well I guess I should be a little mad at myself. 7 days ago my 1 year warranty had expired....and I had been meaning to get the apple extended warranty so I called today and talked to a very nice lady and she said that she would ask her supervisor if they could work something out for me....needless to say we got disconnected and i called back but was unable to get the same lady....the new guy i talked to said that in the notes it specifically said they denied it.....but he gave me the option to if I do have problems with my iphone I can call in and pay $29.99 for someone to talk to me and walk me through fixing it.....:eek:......are you serious! whatever happened to good customer service.....anything I can do to get the apple plan (talk to a supervisor etc etc) or am i SOL?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
While I feel for you, you knew you had one year to purchase Applecare or should have known. It's pretty cut and dry if you ask me. It's not a question of good customer service.

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Your warranty expired, so you think a company, Apple this time, should extend your period, so when the device says 1 year then should extend it to fit your needs? I feel for you but come on..

So with this logic, Apple says your iPhone says your iPhone is $199, would it be okay then for Apple to say, naw we want to charge you $225 instead.. No this would be wrong you made a deal to purchase the iPhone at $199, in return you bought the product fully knowing you had a one year warranty, so I see no problem and I also see Apple doing nothing wrong here...

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
You are likely out of luck because you're beyond the warranty period and Apple will protect itself to make sure you don't buy an extended coverage plan while concealing an existing problem with your iPhone (not that there is a problem, but I'm sure Apple has "seen it all"). If you live near an Apple Store, it might be a good idea to go in and speak to someone directly, iPhone in hand, and plead your case to see if they will make an exception. The worst that can happen is they say "no". Or, kindly ask for a supervisor on the phone if the first person isn't able to help you. I've found that the folks at Apple are generally pleasant and you can attract more flies with honey.

Speedv1

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
If this were FML then everyone would be saying "Disagree"

You knew the terms, I'm not blaming you as we all forget things, but just accept it for what it is.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I am with the rest of the group. How is this the fault of Apple. Really though you should be happy since the Apple Care plan on the iPhone is a joke. It always cracks me up when people want a company to go above and beyond the norm then accuse them of bad CS for not doing so.

kgvickers

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
A friend's daughter cracked the screen on her iPhone several months ago. Despite the crack, the phone worked fine so she just lived with it. But last week the ear-speaker stopped working. They went to the local Apple store and told the whole truth and were expecting to pay for the speaker repair. They got a new (or, more likely, refurb) for free, no hassle whatsoever, since the speaker problem was covered under the standard warranty.

So, sometimes Apple does go above and beyond expectations. I think it really all depends on the luck of the draw - who you end up dealing with at Apple.

John T

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Apple are usually very helpful and their after sales service is second to none. Providing people are genuine and not trying to "con" Apple. Fortunately, Apple are getting very wise to those who try to fiddle the system. :)

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I as well feel your pain, however note to sell "Make sure you pick up that apple care before the warranty period is up." ... I just recently had this happen to my iMac .. Dang it, forgot to get it. So if something goes wrong, it will indeed be all my fault.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner