iPhone & an iPad.. Is it really worth it?

Element1924

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys... I have a question but first some background. I am an avid Apple user and have owned pretty much every single product Apple has ever released. I have laptops, desktops and have owned every iPhone since day 1 when I stood online to get one.

So here's my question...

I already pre-ordered my iPad and was VERY excited to do so because I think it is going to be incredible. Now is it really worth it to keep my iPhone while owning an iPad as well when there are so many other great options out there for phones? Ex. The Google Nexus One. In my opinion I can have the best of both worlds by purchasing the Nexus One as my everyday phone and using the iPad for browsing, gaming and reading when at home or on vacation. Whether everyone admits it or not, Android is a very powerful and upcoming OS and I just think it would be awesome to experience both Apple & Androids incredible advances in this industry.

So what do you guys think... iPad and iPhone or experience a little of that foreign Android OS?

p.s. No flaming... lets have a real discussion

mullrat

Jun 8, 2008
Visit site
That's a good idea as long as you don't need any of the apps on the iPhone all the time, unless you plan on carrying your iPad everywhere.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm still not sold on the iPad honestly. I have a MacBook and my iPhone and I'm content. I guess since you ordered it though it would be cool to explore new phones. I've considered the nexus one actually but they've had done issues with thier phones and it makes me feel confident in my iPhone. I also agree with mullrat. If your going to need some of the apps ALL of the time then you just may be better off staying with iPhone. One thing I would tell you to do before you switch to any other touchscreen phone is to take thier touchscreens for a test drive. I sell wireless phones and I get to play with new phones all of the time and I will tell you IMO that the iPhone is handsdown the best and I get absolutely aggrivates when dealing with the Sprint Hero or the Moto Cliq. So check that out and come back and tell us what you decide!

Lady Kaede

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
If everything you really use is available on the iPad, and if the Nexus One has things you really want (Verizon? Google Apps?) then sure, why not. I've heard that of people who've used both iPhone and Nexus One, unless games are a big part of their profile, they're pretty much evenly split as to what they prefer. I'm personally sticking with the 'closed, dictatorial' provider, however.

streetgrunt

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm looking forward to the ibook feature of the ipad and assume that I'll be able to synch what I have there to my phone, along with other info. Plus, I use the ipod part of my iphone extensively and wouldn't want to be without it.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
I ordered an iPad also and have no plans to part with my beloved iPhone. I've had Palm phones (PalmOS Treo, Pre, WM), an Android-powered G1, an AT&T Tilt, and now the iPhone... IMHO, the iPhone beats them all.

With that said, one thing you might consider in your decision-making process is this: is it likely that many apps you use on both the iPhone and iPad will have a way to share data or stay in sync with each other? If so, that will be a big plus for me -- just food for thought.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I am keeping both. They both have their places. I pre-ordered the 64 3G+WiFi iPad. Can't make/receive calls on the iPad, so I need both for that purpose. Also don't feel like carting around the iPad everywhere I go.

RonHC

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
i would keep it if you really are the person to use the web in travel, even though you can use the iPad for that, its more risky of it getting stolen
I see the iPad as a home device

PastorGadget

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
i would keep it if you really are the person to use the web in travel, even though you can use the iPad for that, its more risky of it getting stolen
I see the iPad as a home device

Also, what happens when you've had your iPad a month and decide for some reason you don't like it.
I've had the same thought and if after about 6 months I'm using my iPhone for nothing other than phone/text then I will likely do the same but wait for Windows Phone 7 later this year.
Also I'd wait to see what they do to improve the Iphone in June. Could be that it adds some functionality that will be way cool and so you'd want to upgrade but to the next iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77