iPhone 4G - Need Answers -
Hi guys im just curious aboutthe New iPhone 4G.
1) Does 4G mean the 4G Network or the 4TH Generation of iPhone?
2) Cause i was planning to get a 3GS soon.. so i don't know if i get the 3GS they will have a 4G Software update to the 3GS so i don't have to buy the 4G iPhone.
3) Id like to know when is the Release Date for the iPhone 4G.
4) what new softwares, upgrade would be into the iphone 4G then the 3GS ( Like the Differences between those two)
5) Should i still get the 3GS?
6) iPhone 4G Rumors Visualized [PHOTO] < --- Is this a RUMOR site or so?
7) when will apple publish to the media and present the new iPhone 4G Presentation like they did for the iPad.
Those are few questions i have far, if i have anymore i will continue to post more.
- 03-22-2010, 08:45 AM #2
1. It technically can mean both. 4G (also known as LTE) is the latest cell standard that AT&T and Verizon will eventually move to, but 2011 might be the release of an iPhone that supports it. 4th generation would also apply to this years refresh, but it won't support 4G networks, also known as LTE.
2. Yes the 3GS will support most features of the 4th revision of the software update. If they add any new hardware, the 3GS will not support hardware differences.
3. There is no firm release date at this moment, but June/July is when the last 3 revisions have been released.
4. Perhaps more RAM, better camera and maybe a couple of more things. There is nothing to confirm any possible new features. Software wise, no one know what they will add. It's all currently speculation.
5. The 3GS should be able to run future software updates, but if you really want the next refresh of the iPhone, wait. Otherwise, the 3GS is plenty fast.
6. Yes, that's a rumor site if I ever saw one.
7. Ask Steve.
Thanks ghost, yeah i have one more question. Im Curious if theres gonna be iChat like they have for BBM, if i get the 3Gs now, and when the 4g Releases the iChat will it let 3gs users have those and will they have better cameras?? and when you answered for number 4 what do u mean by RAM? and will 3gs have those too? and last question how can i ask Steve ahha
- 03-29-2010, 01:48 AM #4
- 03-29-2010, 08:13 AM #5