Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

16 Posts

Question Backlight Problem?

so heres the deal.
    it doesnt always happen but it sometimes does, i always turn my backlight all the way down during the day, everyday, so it doesnt use as much battery. i'm not sure if it has anything to do with changing it back and forth all the time but sometimes when i recieve a message the backlight will get brighter..(it will only happen when the backlight is around half bright)
    and at other times it will vibrate when a msg comes through but it wont show up until i open it.
    is there something wrong with my phone?
    my warranty is almost up and i wanna know if something will end up going on it?
    iPhone Beginner

70 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,509 Global Posts

That does sound rather odd. If I were you then I'd mosy on over to the nearest apple store (or my provider's store) and question them about it.

I'm curious though - after it 'gets brighter' does it stay that way? Like when you turn off the screen after it's oddly gone brighter then will it be brighter the next time you unlock it? Or will it go to the previous setting?
    iPhone Intermediate

219 Posts
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

Do you have the Auto Brightness setting on?

My phone was doing the same thing, and once I disabled it, it stopped doing it.