Apps that require wifi connection to macs

rsands

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
hello,
on my beloved iphone, i have a few apps (such as 1Password, To-Do, and Air Mouse) that require me to make a connection via wifi between my iphone and my computer. For example, the 1Password app syncs between the 1Password mac application over Wifi. The Air Mouse app connects to my mac over the local wifi network to access my mac. Now, here's the dilemma:

To save energy, I have my mac sleep (both display and computer) after something like 15 minutes. When my Mac's asleep, I cannot connect to it over wifi (with one of these apps). However, with the addition of Snow Leopard, there's a new feature in the energy saver settings called "Wake On Demand" (or something like that). I am using a desktop mac, and this feature works for me for CERTAIN apps, such as the TO-DO sync. However, even with this feature turned on, I cannot connect to my sleeping mac with many of my iphone apps (such as air remote).

I would really, really, (yes) really love any help or anything leading to help for how I can make these apps connect to my mac even when it's asleep. I appreciate all responses. Thanks for your time,
Rafi

grkboy782

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Im not too sure myself. But im sure if you google something like, Wake mac computer with iphone app, something would come up. I would search right now for you but im a lil high. nighty night

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2