Doctor needs your help

Dlevymd

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Hello everybody, I am new to this forum. I come from the Windows Mobile side of town. I am jumping ship from WM to the iPhone because Windows Mobile Phone 7 Series will have nothing to do with what I need a smart phone to do in my professional life. I have developed a mobile patient database to keep track of my patient's information and as a way to share information with my partners.

Ok, here is where I need your help. I need to be able to download .PDB files as Email (or Webmail) attachments using a celluar connection (not WiFi). Then I need to move the downloaded .PDB file to where HandBase (a third party Datasbase app which originated on Palm and WM which is now developed for the iPhone, and in the App Store) can use the file.

I also need to ZIP .PBD files on the iPhone and send them as email attachments.

It is these "File Explorer" functions that were easy on a WM phone that I need help with. I would rather not "jail break" but I am willing to buy any third party app, at any cost.

I was always impressed with the talent and generosity of the WM community and I hope to learn and share here with a similar expirence.
Thanks,
Dan

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
The Windows phone 7 OS isn't out yet is it? How would you know if it meets your needs?

Regardless, on the iphone you can not do any of what you need to do.

I would look at writing a custom app that interfaces with a database on a server somewhere.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
The Windows phone 7 OS isn't out yet is it? How would you know if it meets your needs?

Regardless, on the iphone you can not do any of what you need to do.

I would look at writing a custom app that interfaces with a database on a server somewhere.

He was talking Windows Mobile in general. Even my trashy WM6 device could save a file to a common location to be used by multiple apps. That's what he's talking about.

Basically what he needs is a shared space. Does MobileMe offer this through the use of iDisk for iPhone? I don't have it so I can't answer.

kgvickers

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Quickoffice can automatically access the MobileMe iDisk. It's not very fast, but it does work.

I did a search of "Handbase app" and got to the company website, DDH. There's a link there for having them custom build an app for your needs. They may be able to do this for you - and if Quickoffice can access iDisk then surely DDH can do it too.

But I don't know how secure iDisk is, particularly for something like medical records.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73