Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default wi-Fi

My Iphone 3g no longer connects to Wi-Fi! It no longer even detects Wi-Fi at all. I have reset the network settings and tried to rejoin networks, but nothing works! What can I do to correct this?
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts

You can try restoring without backup. But this means that you also update to 3.1.3.
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,026 Global Posts

how many wifi connections have you tried?
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Nanite

I've tried several! Starbucks, McDonalds you name it! No one else at my work with an Iphone is having this problem. They are able to get on the WiFI network at work without any difficulty! I on the other hand cannot!
    I've done the restore and emptied all content. How do you do a restore without backup? Won't I lose all my info if I do that? thanks
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    499 Global Posts

are you Jailbroken?
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iPhone Nanite

No. I've seen other postings on the web of people having this same problem. It's very frustrating! I depend on having Wifi capability at work!
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    1,509 Global Posts

You will lose all of your content on a restore like that. What you do is when your iphone reconnects - AFTER you run the restore it'll ask if you want to start a new iphone or use backup from _______. Choose the 'new iphone' option.

Also what apps have you recently installed.. anything that is system based (I doubt it as really without jailbreaking this field of apps isn't really available) - but just wanted to check.
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,026 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Speedv1 View Post
    You will lose all of your content on a restore like that. What you do is when your iphone reconnects - AFTER you run the restore it'll ask if you want to start a new iphone or use backup from _______. Choose the 'new iphone' option.

Also what apps have you recently installed.. anything that is system based (I doubt it as really without jailbreaking this field of apps isn't really available) - but just wanted to check.
    What? Why would you suggest this?
    iPhone Newbie

When I bought my 3G last October it lasted 1 week before the wi-fi went out of it. Took it back to Best buy and they could not get it to hook up to their wi=fi so I got a new phone. Things do go back just like in a computer.