Another text input method

Pr3mier

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
Have any of you checked out Swype or SlideIT for Android and WinMo phones? It looks like a neat way to type. I wouldn't mind trying it out if it was available on the iPhone. Ill try anything to type better on my phone.

Swype

SlideIT

EDIT: Looks like the appstore has something called Shapewriter. Anyone tried it out? What do you think? It looks like you have to enter text into a separate app and have it copied into your email/sms. Too bad it's not integrated into the stock keyboard.

Last edited:

ronin1

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
SlideIT for iPhone

Watch this video on YouTube = _hk89QsONik

in SlideIT site it's written "SlideIT for iPhone will be available soon for download"

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I was given an Omnia II for review. My favorite feature on it was Swype. I liked it so much I had to install it on my Diamond II. I wish it were available on the iPhone, but unless someone comes up with a jailbreak version, we'll still be stuck writing in the Swype-like application and copy pasting back to wherever we want to use it.

ronin1

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
SlideIT keyboard

I hear everyone talking about Swype, which isn?t even out yet when I?ve been using SlideIT for a while now and LOVE it. I?ve used the Swype beta and I gotta say, SlideIT just works better. Its dictionary is better, it?s word prediction is better and it?s way of choosing alternate words is better. Instead of forcing you to choose from a popup menu, it makes its best guess then gives you an unobtrusive menu of alternate words to choose from in case it got it wrong. Please, try SlideIT, it?s a superior keyboad and it?s already available.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The problem, of course, is nobody wants a standalone keyboard on the iPhone. That is to say, we want one (whether it's Swype or SlideIT) integrated into the core functions of the device so that we can use it from within every application that uses a keyboard. It's next to useless if we have to call it up as a stand alone app and then paste what we've typed into the app where text is required. The time wasted defeats the point of having a faster keyboard input.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I doubt apple will every open up a api to replace the keyboard sad because yes android did it I had it on my android phone and you could switch between keyboards but the positives of iphone outweigh what I lose if I stick with android