How to Dry..

CrazRid

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
ok guys i almsot died today, and my ipod touch got drowned in the icy river.. in my pants. is there any way i can get it dried.. i dont got any warranty on it..

thanks if u can help me

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I've read that you can stick it in a bag of rice however I don't know if it's ever worked. Here's a link that will explain it more in detail. If your iPod was powered on at the time you fell into the river, it's more than likely dead and cannot be repaired.

an_indecent_mind

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
how to dry

i accidentally dopped my iphone 3gs in a sewage system :eek:and when i was able to recover it, it was soaking wet, covered with black mud and shut off.:mad:

good thing i've read one email regarding the use of rice grains to dry water damaged cellphones.

without other option in mind, :confused:i immediately cleaned the outside of my iphone with damp cloth and immediately removed the sim card and let the sim slot opened (since other parts cannot be easily removed and i was really in hurry that time), and soaked my iphone in one bowl full of dry rice grains.

based on the email, i should let it there for 2 to 3 days so the moisture can be totally absorbed by the rice grains. I opted to let my iphone soaked in rice grains for 5 days.

and so, after days with much anticipation and fear of losing my newly bought iphone, i turned it on and yes! it worked! :D thanks for the rice method..

hint: never try to turn on your iphone if you're not sure that it is already fry; that can cause short circuit on the battery and other components and thus totally damage your iphone.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
ok guys i almsot died today, and my ipod touch got drowned in the icy river.. in my pants. is there any way i can get it dried.. i dont got any warranty on it..

thanks if u can help me
Not only does your warranty not cover water damage, Apple has an indicator to detect that the phone has been wet and then they assume.water damage.

Rice, or better yet, silica gel, may dry it successfully. While I would not recommend it to you, I would put mine in the freezer and then warm it slowly with a hair dryer on low.

Let's have a little perspective here. The value is in your data, meta-data, and software. As long as you have been syncing routinely to iTunes, that value is preserved. The rest is a problem that money will fix. While it feels pretty bad, (I dreamed last that someone had taken my iPhone and left a Blackberry) no one has died or even has a crippling disease or injury.

Last edited:

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Just can try not to switch it on and separate battery and then keep it in sunlight. But not keep it in direct sunlight.

The sunlight/rice fix unfortunately will have less likelyhood of working with the ipod touch/iPhone because the battery is non-removable.:(

HCWHunter

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't freeze any electronic device if there was likely still water inside. The ice crystals might very well do more damage before the freezer drying effect worked. I might try that after a few days in a sealed baggie with rice or silaca gel. Better still would be to place the baggie w/rice in a warm (not HOT) oven or run the hair dryer over it to warm up the rice.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73