Can I Activate Iphone without Network package?

jim cahoe

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Is there anything I can do to activate a Iphone 3g with AT&t without paying for an network package. I want to use it to replace my existing phone and as an ipod.

jim cahoe

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I want to use as a phone, ipod and access the wireless internet in my house. When I tried to activate using my existing at&t sim card Itunes tied to force me to pay for network package. Is there a way around this?

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I want to use as a phone, ipod and access the wireless internet in my house. When I tried to activate using my existing at&t sim card Itunes tied to force me to pay for network package. Is there a way around this?

search for "hacktivation"

but the short answer is, the iphone is not an ipod touch

BigshotMD

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Depends on whether or not you purchased your iPhone unlocked or part of a contract. If you purchased it unlocked, you should be able to just insert any (even non-working, no network coverage) SIM cards into it. You must activate it through iTunes (unless you Jailbreak).

You should be able to use your iphone like a ipod touch i.e. WiFi, install apps, play iPod, games, etc. You may get an annoyance screen of Awaiting activation when you restart the iphone, but this will disappear once you insert a working SIM with network and data coverage.

Hope this helps

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Depends on whether or not you purchased your iPhone unlocked or part of a contract. If you purchased it unlocked, you should be able to just insert any (even non-working, no network coverage) SIM cards into it. You must activate it through iTunes (unless you Jailbreak).
AT&T does not sell unlocked iphones even off contract.

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
The problem with unlock or hactivate is you need to find somebody with a iphone on at&t and use there sim to start the process .

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
The problem with unlock or hactivate is you need to find somebody with a iphone on at&t and use there sim to start the process .

But, to be clear, you can use an iPhone without service? I simply want it for WiFi. There are certain things the iPhone can stream that the iPod Touch cannot (yourmuze.fm), and before I buy a used iPhone, I want to make sure it will work without cell service.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Seems like he doesn't want the 3G data package but voice only with AT&T. And use wifi for data.

But nope. Can't do that.

tail24

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
search your craigslist... almost in any region people are selling iphones that are UNLOCKED which means you can put in any sim card and you are good to go. You will not have access to any internet options when not on wifi though... no google maps, no pandora in your car, none of that. Honestly you mine as well pay the extra cash a month. You will end up wanting it.

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
search your craigslist... almost in any region people are selling iphones that are UNLOCKED which means you can put in any sim card and you are good to go. You will not have access to any internet options when not on wifi though... no google maps, no pandora in your car, none of that. Honestly you mine as well pay the extra cash a month. You will end up wanting it.

That may be what he wants.

I want an iPod touch, but the iPhone supports a few more options than the iPod touch. However, I don't need another phone, and I have wifi wherever I go.

Can you buy a used iPhone and continue to use it, even if it's no longer associated with a plan?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2