Safari speed on iPhone?

StrangeLuv

Aug 23, 2008
Visit site
Is there a way to get Safari to run on an iPhone like it does on a computer? I find the computer far more zippy. I figure an iPhone on wifi should be about the same, but that's not the case. Anyone else notice the same?

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Is there a way to get Safari to run on an iPhone like it does on a computer? I find the computer far more zippy. I figure an iPhone on wifi should be about the same, but that's not the case. Anyone else notice the same?

Really? You thought that your iPhone would be as fast as a Mac computer. Not trying to flame you, but you really sound like an idiot with that post. Look Safari is fast as hell on my 3GS but in no way is going to be as fast as it is on my macbook pro, even with wi-fi. It's all about the hardware.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Really? You thought that your iPhone would be as fast as a Mac computer. Not trying to flame you, but you really sound like an idiot with that post. Look Safari is fast as hell on my 3GS but in no way is going to be as fast as it is on my macbook pro, even with wi-fi. It's all about the hardware.

I agree with this.

it's faster than most browsers I used a decade ago.

John T

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site

Absolutely! Sheer logic really :)

StrangeLuv

Aug 23, 2008
Visit site
I don't think it's a hardware thing. I'm not talking video editing here. The iPhone has plenty of power to surf the internet. When I click on a link, the browser has a noticeable pause before it does the operation. Once the data is moving, it works well. Maybe it's my phone. I'll try the cache thing. Thanks.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Safari is rather fast now. If yours is slow, try clearing your cache and see if that helps.

I disagree I don't use safari on the iPhone because it drains the battery quicker, takes up a lot of memory so it bogs even my 3GS down. Luckily I restrict safari lol and free up my phones memory with a "free memory" which was banned from the app store. anyways I use alternative web browser its a safari clone except it doesn't take up memory, doesn't run in the background, and is faster.

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I don't think it's a hardware thing. I'm not talking video editing here. The iPhone has plenty of power to surf the internet. When I click on a link, the browser has a noticeable pause before it does the operation. Once the data is moving, it works well. Maybe it's my phone. I'll try the cache thing. Thanks.

try clearing your cache, but with your original post, you asked if iPhone or any phone would run as fast as a desktop. Ofcourse your computer will be "more zippy" you are still on a device which is a phone smaller then the size of a deck of cards....

StrangeLuv

Aug 23, 2008
Visit site
I disagree I don't use safari on the iPhone because it drains the battery quicker, takes up a lot of memory so it bogs even my 3GS down. Luckily I restrict safari lol and free up my phones memory with a "free memory" which was banned from the app store. anyways I use alternative web browser its a safari clone except it doesn't take up memory, doesn't run in the background, and is faster.

Is your phone jailbroken? What's the browser?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2