PC doesn't detect iphone

Xero

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Well, my problem is that pc doesn't detect my iphone (itunes, camara, etc) neither charge when it is on (just charge when it is off).

Someone said me that could be the internal cable that connects the dock but i don't know...

I'll wait you can help me

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried another sync cable? Or testing the one you have by plugging it into the wall instead of your pc?

Wyatt

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
If your using the Apple cable it should not be a problem. Third party cables on the other hand are a mixed bag for the unknowing consumer. Some cables work just like the Apple cable meaning they sync & charge. Others though are designed to either sync or charge only not both. I don't know why they are designed that way but because it defeats the purpose of an all-in-one cable.

Xero

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I've tried with differents plugs, my cable is original and too i've tried connect it into the wall but it doesn't charge (just if it is off)

PC still does't detect iphone :(

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If the cable isn't charging your iPhone when it's plugged into the wall, you probably need a new sync cable.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Go into System manager, delete it, then connect it and allow it to be recognized and re-installed. We have already chased this one for weeks.

Xero

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I already get that the iphone charge but still pc doesn't detect it! I've tried deleting and re-installing itunes but nothing happen...

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
Try this...

From your phone go to photos, delete any images saved from the Safari browser. Remove any pictures in the camera roll that wasn't taken by the camera. Including screen shots and saved images.

Power cycle the phone and Computer then try plugging it in.

Rich

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I've tried deleting and re-installing itunes but nothing happen...

It's not iTunes that you need to uninstall/reinstall. It's the Windows drivers for the iPhone, as whmurray mentioned above.

Connect the iPhone to your computer and open Device Manger. Find the iPhone in the list (it MAY be listed as a generic looking Apple device). Right click it and select Uninstall. When complete, disconnect the iPhone, wait a few seconds and reconnect it. Windows should detect the device and reinstall the drivers. When complete, open iTunes.

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
OP, try my suggestion first before going for the nuke option.

You should also try to eliminate factors. You've eliminated the cable. Try connecting you phone to some other computer. See if it shows up.

Still, my suggestion would take only a few minutes. Try it first. Clear the camera roll.

Last edited:

Rich

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Still, my suggestion would take only a few minutes. Try it first. Clear the camera roll.

And it would cause him to possibly lose data if he has photos that haven't been synced yet. Removing the driver from Device Manager like whmurray and I suggested is the safest path to take, as no data will be lost. Any time someone comes to me with this issue, it's the first suggestion that I make, and it usually (9 out of 10 times) fixes the issue.

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
And it would cause him to possibly lose data if he has photos that haven't been synced yet. Removing the driver from Device Manager like whmurray and I suggested is the safest path to take, as no data will be lost. Any time someone comes to me with this issue, it's the first suggestion that I make, and it usually (9 out of 10 times) fixes the issue.

I said try my suggestion BEFORE the nuke option of wiping your OS. Also I said to rule out the computer by trying a different computer. If it works on that computer then it's his computer. If it does not work it's his phone. Then I said to remove the safari saved images from the roll. But my idea is do these other things before reinstalling the computer os. Your idea would fall within my category of ruling out the computer and I agree with you. Do mine and you suggestions BEFORE nuking the computer.

P.S. If you want to take the pictures out without hooking it up you can always email them to yourself. Use the copy and paste method though so it's full resolution.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh