Caller ID Photo

bossfan61

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
I've uploaded lots of photos for the purpose of photo caller ID. I've been very frustrated with this automatic photo optimization "feature". In some cases, it blurs and oversizes a photo that I thought would fit nicely. There doesn't appear to be an option to disable this "feature".

Is there an ideal H x W photo dimension size, for caller ID, that will not get automatically optimized?

Thanks!

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I just want to know how to have a contacts picture show up like the commercials. Currently it takes up the entire background when they call and they have a picture assigned to them.

mth785

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
I just want to know how to have a contacts picture show up like the commercials. Currently it takes up the entire background when they call and they have a picture assigned to them.

After you assign a picture to a contact, delete the picture from your phone.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

For it to show up in the box next to their number add the photo with a contact manager; Outlook, Gmail, iMail (whatever it is).

If you add the photo to a contact on the iPhone it will show up as full screen.

bossfan61

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
The resolution of the iPhone screen, 320x480.

Yes, I know the overall screen rez. However, I don't want the photo to take up the whole screen as there are other graphics that are on top of the photo when a call comes in. There seems to be a sweet spot, size-wise, when you're assigning a photo to a contact. Whatever those dimensions are, the photo will fit perfectly in between the top and lower borders.

I guess I will have to figure it out by trial and error. Still damn annoying that iTunes doesn't have a way to disable this optimization feature...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2