The dreaded white screen...ideas??

rachelw.rn

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
OK, I know this is not the first time this has been asked, but I have been looking for answers for hours without a solution. My husband decided to be nice and wash my clothes last week-iPhone 3Gs was in the back pocket of my jeans. I did the hairdryer on low setting, the rice in a ziplock for a few days, and I'm pretty sure its dry. So, I have two problems, I'm not sure if they're related to each other or not. First, I have the dreaded white screen-lighted, clear white screen when its on. Second, I have tried to connect via iTunes since I can't see anything on the phone-its perpetually stuck in recovery mode. I have run the recovery a few times, it does its thing, restarts, comes back with iTunes message of iPhone detected in recovery mode. I tried shift +Restore with older firmware, no luck. Once, I got to the point where I had the chance to restore from previous backup-tried that, same message when it restarted. Since the warranty is already voided, and I have no intention of defrauding anyone, I tried carefully opening the phone to make sure the connections are secured, which they appear to be. I realize I probably have to buy a new phone, or go back to using my 2G. I just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas to try before those options. At this point, it can't hurt.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods