How to setup email for Wifi only???

Zx7dave

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi...I bought a unlocked 2G with the intent to put a SIM card in from my work. The work phone plan is voice, and basic messaging only (AT&T). My question is this...I want to setup the exchange work email so it comes to the phone (I already know how to do this), but I need to ensure it attempts to access the server only when I am in Wifi areas. I do not want to phone trying to get this wirelessly as I don't have a data plan associated with the SIM/work phone. Is there a way to do this?
Bottom line is the work phone I was given is a POS and need a decent phone to work with and sync contacts on. Thanks

PS...I did try the search, but didn't really get any hits that answered my question..any help is appreciated...

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I am unfamiliar with Exchange, but the only way you can pull it off is IF you can get Exchange to NOT "push" to the iPhone. That way you could check your email manually when you got into a WiFi area.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Put your email in full manual and only open the app when you have a wifi connections

If you NEED a better phone for work talk with them. You're risking your job by moving your sim card
even opening the app uses a data connection.

There's no way to designate what connection specific apps uses