Transfer files from computer to iPhone over WIFI

piaband

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I was reading about how the Palm Pre can do this so I am sure we can too! Does anyone know how to do this on my iPhone?

Seems like they set up a free, open-source server client on the computer and used SSH to log in to their Pre. Then they were able to drag files right into the server program window and it would transfer the files over WIFI.

I could really use this and I think it would be awesome. Is it possible?

I believe they were using winSCP as the file transfer program.

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
I have been transfering videos & pictures since the day I bought my iPhone with vaultsafe app! Really fast and easy, u just open app, open wifi transfer in iPhones vaultsafe settings. When page is open it enables a link to ur wifi ip address with password protection of ur choice. Type in http:/address in pc browser, enter password then voil?! Send, save organize videos & pics. Only prob is vaulsafe has no playlist function only one video at a time sucks for short clips! Does not go to iPod player either but it keeps files hidden with no record of them. After I jailbroke, then installed iprotect for passwords on apps not much need though. Was great till jb though! LOL, I still like it after plus u can transfer between phones with Bluetooth easy too!

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I was reading about how the Palm Pre can do this so I am sure we can too! Does anyone know how to do this on my iPhone?

There are tons of Apps that do this. AirSharing, iFiles, Docs To Go, QuickOffice, and FileMagic. All use WiFi and many you can drag and Drop entire file folders.

You do not have to JB or use SSH to use any of these Apps and they are all in the App Store.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I have used Air Sharing for this. However, I have seven computers. I find that DropBox (SkyDrive, Google Drive) or some other cloud solution works better for me.

smithaaa

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
IPhone Data Recovery offers you cutting-edge solutions to recover deleted contacts, messages, photos, call history, notes, Voice Memo and much more from iTunes/iCloud backup or directly from your device. It always apply to transfer files between computer and iPhone over WIFI with USB.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2