Buying new iPhone?

Will you purchase the next iPhone regardless of price and features?

• Yes

Votes: 54 60.7%
  • No

Votes: 35 39.3%

• Total voters

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Regardless of price and new features will you purchase the new iPhone this summer?

Personally I will, part of my addiction.

MrP

Aug 3, 2008
Visit site
For sure! It's tradition now. And my wife is already buggin' me for my 3GS(she gets my hand-me-downs).

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Yeah, I'll buy a new one either way. I mean the 3GS wasn't a huge jump for some (I like the speed though), but I think this will be an even bigger jump than 3G > 3GS.

Also, for 2 phones on a family plan it makes more sense:
- I never extend the warranty +$138
- I can sell my 2 old ones for $300 each +$600
- 2 new iPhones ones for $500 (early upgrade price) + $300 (full discount after 12 months due to price of monthly bill on main line)

$800 - $600 - $138 = $62

soulfulzeta

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I voted yes. I most definitely could sell my 3gs for a price much higher than I actually paid for it and that will give me some recovering cost of whatever the new phone price will be. I'm excited to hear about the features for iPhone 4G.

damule6666

Banned
Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
I voted yes because Apple has me under their evil spell.. And i always do as master Steve says!! LOL

But seriously i will just because i am addicted and its my other hobby!

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
i voted no for now, but i'm sure that will change. i'm hoping that besides the actual hardware, the software will be the same in the 3GS and new iphone. front facing cameras dont interest me at all. flash is no biggie to me either. so besides storage and form factor, there wouldnt be a whole lot for me. now the software is what i'm excited about, if we get multitasking and better notifications i'll be happy for a while!

now all that said, i'm sure that when push comes to shove and i read all about the new phone here, i'll be on craigslist selling my 3GS to get a new one! damn this just like crack!! LOL

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I voted no, because if there isn't much of a difference, I don't see the reason.

Of course, I felt the same way about the nifty 3GS sitting on my desk right now.

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
Yes

I've bought every other model iPhone that's come out, so why stop now? Plus, I'm hoping that work will pick up the tab for it. Of course now I have to figure out how to fit the iPad into my Apple budget as well...

Heckenschutze

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I think it'll be great to see what apple has up their sleeve this time. I have the 3G model so I'm definetly ready for the upgrade. I think there are some good things to look forward to. iChat (maybe), cosmetic redesign, multitasking, and a few others. A new color choice would be sweet! I don't think we will see flash though. In fact I'm pretty sure. If the ipad isn't going to have it, I would bet my bottom chip the iPhone won't. Oh well.

mth785

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
I will either get the new iPhone or switch to Android. My Apple tattoo says I should probably stick with the iPhone.

AAFD

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
JUst bought our 3Gs phones, so a new phone is out of the question!! I will stick this these and wait for the upgraded from from 4G

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
Yes. Of course. A no-brainer for me. I always sell my iPhone's for around $600-$650, and AT&T's will subsidize the rest. I love my FAN. :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2