From PC to MAC, how to keep iPhone in check?

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
So, Im good with all my media, movies, mp3's apps etc. Theyre all being moved to my new Macbook I just ordered. My PC took a huge dump recently, sort of a murder suicide, hard drive at all my data, not fun. Anyway I'm a MAC now. Question is, my iPhone when set up was set up to work with my windows machine. Now will it work all well with my mac without having it formatted for a MAC? Just curious.....Thanks, and any MAC users with any tips for this lifelong PC/Windows guy with my new MB let me know. Thanks ladies and gents:D

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
I switched from pc to mac last june. Don't worry about it. Your iphone is setup through itunes, not your PC. You just hook it up and boom your ready. Now since you lost your data, you probably lost your itunes database, so your ratings, and playlists on the pc/mac are gone. But any music ratings on the iPhone should sync over.

I just copied my Itunes folder from my pc to my mac. I can't remember if I had to tweak the itunes library file or not. Google it....moving itunes library from pc to Mac.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
So, Im good with all my media, movies, mp3's apps etc. Theyre all being moved to my new Macbook I just ordered. My PC took a huge dump recently, sort of a murder suicide, hard drive at all my data, not fun. Anyway I'm a MAC now. Question is, my iPhone when set up was set up to work with my windows machine. Now will it work all well with my mac without having it formatted for a MAC? Just curious.....Thanks, and any MAC users with any tips for this lifelong PC/Windows guy with my new MB let me know. Thanks ladies and gents:D

Congrats on the macbook, you will never want to use a windows machine again. The only thing that I would suggest that you do is to sign up for mobile me. With the mac iphone combo Mo Me is a must have.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I switched from pc to mac last june. Don't worry about it. Your iphone is setup through itunes, not your PC. You just hook it up and boom your ready. Now since you lost your data, you probably lost your itunes database, so your ratings, and playlists on the pc/mac are gone. But any music ratings on the iPhone should sync over.

I just copied my Itunes folder from my pc to my mac. I can't remember if I had to tweak the itunes library file or not. Google it....moving itunes library from pc to Mac.

I appreciate the response. Yeah, the loss of playlists, counts, etc...is a real burn. However, at least I always backed up my media to my external HD. So at least its not a total loss.

And yessir, just did google. Lots of tastey help! :D

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Congrats on the macbook, you will never want to use a windows machine again. The only thing that I would suggest that you do is to sign up for mobile me. With the mac iphone combo Mo Me is a must have.

Thanks so much! I'm excited for my new MacBook. All my MAC friends say the same thing, I'll never go back!

Haha, I did beat ya to one thing in your post! I already have MobileMe :D. I'm glad I got it along time ago to, find my iPhone has helped me twice already. Do you use your MobileMe to PUSH all your stuff, or do you do it manually? Having not gotten the MacBook yet, I'm to assume my MobileMe will be even more kick as on an Apple made product:cool:

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Thanks so much! I'm excited for my new MacBook. All my MAC friends say the same thing, I'll never go back!

Haha, I did beat ya to one thing in your post! I already have MobileMe :D. I'm glad I got it along time ago to, find my iPhone has helped me twice already. Do you use your MobileMe to PUSH all your stuff, or do you do it manually? Having not gotten the MacBook yet, I'm to assume my MobileMe will be even more kick as on an Apple made product:cool:

I do use Mo Me to push to my iPhone. There is so much that you can do with it on mac, the iDisk cloud storage is great. And there is an app that will let you access your mo me photos on your iPhone. I use it all the time to share photos that I have uploaded to mo me.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2