iPhone Home Button

Ashlique

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
My iPhone is a little over 1 year old and the home button started to lose sensitivity a couple months ago. I sent it in because I still had a warranty on it for a few more days. I got it back a week later saying one of the water detection strips was colored (and I know I've never allowed it to get wet). O'well. I jailbroke it that night since I knew the warranty wouldn't help me anymore.

I can use a small digital device air pump thingy right around my button and it will start working a little better (so I'm pretty sure its lint and dust buildup) But, I don't want to have to keep spraying it with the air, and i'm not really comfortable trying to open up the phone myself. If I'm out and about and don't have the air blower, I have to turn my phone off completely and turn it back on to get out of the open app and get into a new one. (very annoying)

Is there any way to code a different button to act as a home button? Perhaps one of the volume buttons?
or
Is there any apps that allow a home button to be put on the screen at all times?

**Answer found**

SBsettings has a "Close Button Widget" that adds a "Close App" Button to the top swipe SBsettings Menu. Thank you fcooper1 for your suggestion!

I've been searching for the last 3 hours looking for something I could do about this issue. I did find a little information about editing a viewDidLoad Function, but I am no programer and have no idea how to do this.

Thanks in advance for any further information!
-Ash

Last edited:

Ashlique

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Thank you SOOOO much! I already had SBsettings but guess I never saw anything about that widget. It is actually called "Close Button Widget" which might be why my search for home button wasn't showing anything.

So to anyone that needs something to get out of their apps, here is the answer!

Make sure you have SBsettings and then get the Close Button Widget

swipe the top of your screen from left to right and the SBsettings will show a button that says "Close App"

Again, I can't thank you enough for such a quick and helpful response!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234