Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

2 Posts

Default Internet super slow?

I don't know if it's just me but if I only say have 2 or 3 bars, my internet is extremely sloww. I was using my friends Android phone the other day, on Sprint. She only had 2 bars yet the internet was super fast!

Does anyone know if this is normal?
    iMore Expert

910 Posts
    Global Posts
    920 Global Posts

The bars have no bearing on how fast/slow your internet connection is. The bars simply measures signal strength in relation to the cell tower.

Are you on Wifi, 3G, or Edge? Edge is dreadfully slow, while 3G is faster and Wifi is, obviously, the fastest.
    iPhone Elite

1,986 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,026 Global Posts

There are too many variables involved with Internet speed

Lunghk- the number of bars can determine speed. Not always, but it can
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default IP-DETAILS For Internet Speed Test

Sorry i don't know about the mobile phone internet speed.. I want to share my experiences with you about the internet speed test.. First of all you must get the internet speed test in here ip-details.com/internet-speed-test/... It is very clear to know our internet speed... Am also using this site for my net speed test.. Just you get accelerator for your slow net speed problem... Am also using the accelerator for that matter...