Almost getting an iPhone, but need some assistance

DataCentre

Jan 26, 2010
www.datacentredesigns.ca
I'm with Rogers. Someone wants to trade me their iPhone 3GS for my Blackberry. Problem is, their phone is locked to Fido.

Been doing a lot of reading up, and from what I'm seeing, it would be in my best interest to wait for someone who wants to trade their iPhone that is also locked to Rogers.

All I see is everyone having problems with the Jailbreak and something to do with iBoot and something else I can't remember. And the only way to jailbreak is by tethered method.

So I should wait for a Rogers phone yes? :confused:

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
You should be able to connect this phone to iTunes and then restore it, setting it up as a new phone. This should reset the phone to it's original state and lock it back to carrier it was originally set up for.

awtryau89

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Well that depends. You need to check the serial#. If the 3rd 4th & 5th numbers are 940 or less, it will Jailbreak untethered. At that point there would be no reason not to do this. IMO, the iPhone is great stock. After JB though, it can become the ultimate phone with a few programs and tweaks. Most people that JB realize they can never go back to stock.

DataCentre

Jan 26, 2010
www.datacentredesigns.ca
Well that depends. You need to check the serial#. If the 3rd 4th & 5th numbers are 940 or less, it will Jailbreak untethered. At that point there would be no reason not to do this. IMO, the iPhone is great stock. After JB though, it can become the ultimate phone with a few programs and tweaks. Most people that JB realize they can never go back to stock.

Okay...saying that, what do I need to do to JB the phone and unlock it from the Fido network using a Windows 7 computer?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Blackra1n. There are tons of threads on both. I would go ahead and do a search on "Blackra1n," "tethered jailbreak," and "Windows 7."

DataCentre

Jan 26, 2010
www.datacentredesigns.ca
Just watched the video on iClarified, and looks pretty simple and straight forward. Just the same as Jailbreaking my iPod Touch, but just the extra step for unlocking the network.

When I do the JB and network unlock, should I be keeping the Fido SIM in the phone, or have nothing it it?

Hope someone makes a JB that doesn't require the tether.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Just watched the video on iClarified, and looks pretty simple and straight forward. Just the same as Jailbreaking my iPod Touch, but just the extra step for unlocking the network.

When I do the JB and network unlock, should I be keeping the Fido SIM in the phone, or have nothing it it?

Hope someone makes a JB that doesn't require the tether.

my 3GS is from week 38 so yeah mine isn't a tethered jailbreak.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen