iPhone won't sync new contacts.

Listy

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
I got a new iPhone from apple through their replacement program. I a full restore and it was my phone again. Passwords, everthing. I've been away on holidays and it's not syncing new contact I picked up in the last few weeks. I just did a AAA Test contact and it synced. Just won't sync the other 30. Have no idea.

Listy

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Anyone, anyone... Tried resetting re syncing history in preferences,moving the contacts out of the contacts outlook folder syncing then replacing them, adding phone numbers and nothing works. Any help appreciated.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Double check that your iTunes settings didn't somehow change to not sync with Outlook.

I recommend syncing with Google.

Listy

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Still not syncing, I mean thinking.

I'm having the same problem again. Cleared the sync history but the last 30 contacts or so are not uploading to my outlook. I don't know which 30 they are nor do I know how to save them with emailing them one by one to my email or get Mobile Me.

liam2112

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem. Recent contacts added to my iphone won't sync - they won't sync to icloud, google or outlook. Any resolution

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem. Recent contacts added to my iphone won't sync - they won't sync to icloud, google or outlook. Any resolution
Hmm, I think you can do this on a mac, sync with the mac, and then export the address book to a text file. You can then import this file into outlook.

Kaitokomauri

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

You have to remember that you cannot sync your iPhone contacts with iCloud and Outlook or Google at the same time - did you try to use all these services at the same time? If you have currently enabled iCloud contact sync, you can still export your iPhone contacts to your Gmail account but not sync them. Here is one way of doing so via this utility:

Edit: I'd recommend using Google CardDAV for a real-time sync between your iPhone contacts and your Google account if you are not a huge iCloud fan. Here is how to enable CardDAV on an iOS 6 iPhone:

Sync contacts with your iOS device - Gmail Help

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You have to remember that you cannot sync your iPhone contacts with iCloud and Outlook or Google at the same time
Yes, you can. You will have duplicates and possibly triple entries, but they can all be synced on one device without a problem. If all of the email accounts have the same contact information then I recommend that a person only sync the contacts of one account because that contact list can be used with all configured email accounts. (Snipped)
If you have currently enabled iCloud contact sync, you can still export your iPhone contacts to your Gmail account but not sync them.
See my previous statements (snipped)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR