iPhone getting soooo slooooow

icebike

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
There are times my iphone just freezes while trying to change springboard pages and after something like 30 seconds it will carry on.

What in the world makes this thing go slower and slower. Yeah, its only a 3G, but having never actually used a 3GS its not a case of over-active expectations. Its just getting sloooow

Never jail broken.
11gig free space.
What should I look for.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
From my experiences I've found that some apps have memory leaks that can cause the slowness. It can also be very hard to narrow down which one it is, if this happens to be the case.

Does rebooting your phone alleviate the situation? If not, it may be time to restore as a new phone.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i have a jailbroken 3G and it's been really fast lately.
restore as new has fixed this issue for me in the past.
it is time comsuming, but it's well worth it.

icebike

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Just did a total OFF reboot. I will see if this helps.
I'd rather not restore as a new device if I can avoid it, but thats next if this does not help.

C()nker

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Maybe there are background apps running that you don't know about. Anyway, I'll trade you for my super sluggish iPod Touch 1G...

icebike

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Total power off reboot was at best a temporary fix. It seems to getting slow again. Simple things like tapping the sms icon can take sometimes 10 seconds.

The good news is I will probably get a clean install with the next OS version and my contract is complete, so maybe Apple will release a new phone soon.

Geoff

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
I've got the same issue with my 3G (non-JB) phone. I've been powering it down and that seems to work for a bit. Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
3G is a little lagging with the new iPhone software, there is a huge difference with having the 3GS... I use to get alot of slowdown with the keyboard on the 3G

hanguk9117

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Try restoring it from a back-up. If that doesn't work, then try restoring it as a new phone (this means you'll have to manually input everything on there again...but it worked for me).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR