Sync with Outlook changes times

dshimm#IM

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
My Treo 650 recently gave up the ghost and I took the plunge and got an iPhone. Migrating data from the Palm Desktop was a little interesting, but I still have a major problem with appointment times changing by three hours when I sync the iPhone with Outlook.

For example, if I have a 9 am Friday appointment entered into my iPhone, it sync's into outlook as 12 noon. Similarly, a 3 pm Friday appointment entered into Outlook sync's into the iPhone as 12 noon. It's almost as if Outlook knows that I am on Eastern time, while the iPhone thinks it is on Pacific time.

Has anybody run into this problem before? Is there a fix?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
1. Go to Settings
2. Go to Mail, Contacts, Calendars
3. Scroll down to Calendar- Time Zone Support
4. Change the time zone

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I set it to my time zone since I'm only ever sync'ing to computers in the same time zone as myself. Perhaps were that to change I might have to re-think that approach.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
If you turn the Time Zone Support off, then the iPhone will use GPS to determine which time zone you are in and adjust the calendar accordingly (i.e. if I have a meeting at 1 PM EST, it shows up in my calendar at 12 PM CSZT, etc.). If you leave it on, the time zone will be static.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77