Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

16 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Default iPhone car setup.

Hey Guys,

I have a '07 Honda Accord and I'm looking for advice on getting my iphone the best but cheapest set up inside. I hate the quality of FM Transmitters so I want to throw that out the window up front.

What I would like to do sometime in the near future is get a parrot bluetooth set up installed. But my question for the moment is "Does anyone make a cigarette lighter mount that JUST charges the phone?" Basically like a Griffin TuneFlex Aux but without the aux capabilities.

If someone on here has a better solution for me to charge my iphone and play music through my car stereo, im all ears. Thanks.
    iMore Elite

2,967 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,878 Global Posts

Just buy a cigarrette lighter adapter that has USB ports.
    iPhone Elite

1,986 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,026 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sting7k View Post
    Just buy a cigarrette lighter adapter that has USB ports.
    there's more than one option here too. some use the Apple cable, others have an attached cable.

it doesn't have to be Apple branded either. I have a scosche two port usb charger myself.
    iPhone Guru

1,604 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,631 Global Posts

I use the apple cable in my 350Z, this way i can listen to music, charge my phone, and the ipod interface displays on my LCD screen of my headunit...its great!