is my iphone traceable?

loulou

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
my iphone was stolen from my car i have reported it stolen etc and the imei is now blocked i was wonder if the person who stole it connects it to itunes will apple be able to trace it in some way? i have some really great photos on it and i love it back i know i can get a new phone through the insurance but i would just like my onw one back!

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
file a police report. no, really. do it now. the carriers won't do tracing for anyone buy the police.

also, it doesn't help now of course, but this is why your phone has a sync option. to have a copy of your pictures on your computer

Greg Orlando

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
It is really sad to know about your stolen iphone. I understand how you are feeling and it is obviously a big problem when you lose all your important stored datas. One of my friend lost his phone and he had the same question like you but as far as I know he still could not trace it out. I do not think there is any way of tracing. Better luck next time.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
The police will not trace a stolen cell phone, too small of a crime for those resources. File a police report (give them the serial number), call AT&T have them block it, change any password that was associated with it; iTunes, email, IM messengers etc.

The only way to really trace it would be with MobileMe and it's GPS tracking if you already had it turned on.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
And hopefully you had it password protected too.

As everyone else has stated...synch your new phone often. Perhaps get mobile me for the find my phone feature. Sorry for your loss.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
my iphone was stolen from my car i have reported it stolen etc and the imei is now blocked i was wonder if the person who stole it connects it to itunes will apple be able to trace it in some way? i have some really great photos on it and i love it back i know i can get a new phone through the insurance but i would just like my onw one back!

thru what insurance?

btw, did they break your window or something??

loulou

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
yeah the window was broken and i had stupidly left it in the glove box, it is covered by my home contents insurance! i didnt have moblieme but i'll be getting it this time! tho will it still work if ur phone gets stolen and wiped? I just wondered if they plugged it into itunes wud apple flag up the serial number or something?

thanks guys

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73