Deleting Emails

c_rader

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
all of this depends on what email you're using. You can't change from doing one thing to the other. What is the email address you're having trouble with?

kirkie

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
But my mail server is a pop. I like the idea of seeing what emails I have whilst I am out and about and then read them on my laptop when I am home.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The problem is, pop3 mail won't do that, and the iPhone email client isn't designed with pop3 in mind, so you don't get the option of leaving a copy on the server. flyingmember is correct - you're far better off using IMAP. You can set your gmail account to use IMAP, and you might have the option on that pop account of forwarding to your gmail account.

milani

Jul 17, 2008
ambientrings.com
The problem is, pop3 mail won't do that, and the iPhone email client isn't designed with pop3 in mind, so you don't get the option of leaving a copy on the server. flyingmember is correct - you're far better off using IMAP. You can set your gmail account to use IMAP, and you might have the option on that pop account of forwarding to your gmail account.

Yes, I was just going to suggest that if the user really wants a POP style solution, his best bet is to setup two email accounts and have the original email account forward a copy of each message to the "dummy-POP3" account; that way, the user can view and delete the emails on his device, but still have the original emails intact on the original email address. On the other hand, you could always just use the "mark as unread" button and use a regular, single email setup...

kirkie

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I find it strange because on my last phone which was the Xperia X1 there was a setting which said delete from phone and not server. Not sure if that was because it was Windows based.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal