A quick Push email question...Maybe someone can share their insight...:)

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
I'm happy about the fact that I am now getting my two Yahoo and Gmail accounts pushed to my iPhone 3GS. When I initially set up Gmail as the third account to be pushed, I didn't know that I could only have one MS Exchange account. :( Am I correct in assuming that this is yet another artificial bricking of the iPhone's capabilities on the part of Apple? If so, is there a workaround?

Also, what makes Yahoo so special in that they are the only webmail provider to be able to make true Push available on the iPhone without the need of Exchange or any other configuration, similar to Apple's MobileMe service?

Thank you! :)

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
You can only have one push account that's not mobile me setup with your activesync slot

it's not push

the one slot is likely a microsoft limitation

willthetech

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
CrunchDude it looks like you have a jailbroken iphone, there is way to add more than one activesync account in jailbroken iphones. i cant post links yet sorry! next post

Last edited:

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I've read that it is a limitation of Microsoft Exchange on all smart phones, not just the iPhone, that limits you to only one.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The Palm Pre can do multiple Exchange accounts, but it's actually something that Palm has done that tricks Exchange into thinking there's only one.

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site

Nice! Thank you. :D And yes, of course, my iPhone is jailbroken.

To get a 2nd Exchange account, you can use a Jailbreak app called AddExchange, which just last night got a fresh update. Pretty straight forward. Two of my accounts are Yahoo, so they push just fine. One @att.net is also Push natively, because it is Yahoo-based, and currently I'm using m.google.com for Exchange. NuevaSync.com is another Exchange solution which works well, and is four times less expensive than MobileMe.

As for those who are wondering as to why I would want more than one account pushed, well, that's because I came from the BlackBerry platform where I was used to having 8 email accounts from 5 different domains pushed flawlessly. No configuration besides simple setup needed. That said, I don't mind the extra config at all. What I've been wanting in the iPhone has just now become possible thanks to OS 3.1, the added benefits of the 3GS, and the jailbreak of course.

I am blown away...blown a-way by how seamlessly so many Jailbreak as well as AppStore applications are running concurrently, in the background, integrated with one another, and integrated into Apple's OS 3.1. The same goes for Settings from both OS 3.1 and Cydia (mainly). It has not crashed on me once. ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73